Looking for RE who knows DOR

I posted about looking for an RE in Michigan with experience in DOR but didn’t get any replies. So my husband and I have decided we are willing to travel. Is there anyone in the midwest you could recommend to me? Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Penn…we could drive to any of these states or even a bit further if necessary.

I know CCRM has a great reputation but with all the information I’ve gathered I think it is out of our price range.

Any help would be appreciated. Along with DOR my FSH is also on the high side.

You could try SIRM (Sher Institutes for Reproductive Medicine in Peoria).

IVF Michigan sees about 15% DOR patients and they have great stats.

Those are the two clinics that come to mind right now. HTH!!

Cornell is also very good. I don’t know there pricing, but I suspect it may also be like CCRM. I have also heard mixed reviews on Dr. Check, but I think he deals a lot with high FSH. SIRM also deals with high FSH, but I don’t know a lot about them.

Thank you both for your replies. I have been reading up on SIRM but there doesn’t seem to be a lot of information about the clinic or doctor in Peoria. That clinic is on my short list however. I’ll look into IVF michigan as well and check out their statistics.

[quote=Erin_Mac]Thank you both for your replies. I have been reading up on SIRM but there doesn’t seem to be a lot of information about the clinic or doctor in Peoria. That clinic is on my short list however. I’ll look into IVF michigan as well and check out their statistics.[/quote]I am going to SIRM Dallas but I do know there are quite a few people on their forums that typically have a cycle buddy group in Peoria. Or they do a cycle buddy group in the midwest forum (they are divided into regions) and you can post there for patient experiences.

Good luck in your decision! I have DOR and SIRM has a great protocol for this diagnosis. Well at least I am counting on it being good! LOL!

[quote=Erin_Mac]I posted about looking for an RE in Michigan with experience in DOR but didn’t get any replies. So my husband and I have decided we are willing to travel. Is there anyone in the midwest you could recommend to me? Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Penn…we could drive to any of these states or even a bit further if necessary.

I know CCRM has a great reputation but with all the information I’ve gathered I think it is out of our price range.

Any help would be appreciated. Along with DOR my FSH is also on the high side.[/quote]

IVF Michigan in Rochester Hills seems to do okay with it. According to SART’s 2009 report, in DOR patients in your age group, they had 5 live births in 12 cycles, and an implantation rate of 35%. Very good for DOR.

I agree with Houston on Cornell and Cooper. I have expierence with SIRM, I cycled at there LV facilty twice. I have also used Cooper (Dr. Check) and had no problems with them they are hit or miss on reviews but treat alot of DOR and AMA patients. Cooper is also cheaper then all of the other clinics listed if you are out of pocket and use mini stim for DOR gals which also saves money on meds.

I dont know about DOR, but check out IVF1/Dr Morris in Naperville IL (Chicago area). I highly recommend him and he has outstanding reviews and the highest SART numbers for the area. Cant say enough good stuff about him and his staff!!!

CHR in New York

I do not have DOR but I am looking at CHR in NY for their ECO-IVF. But the doctors there specialize in DOR. They have some great information on their website. Good luck with your search.

If you are looking to cut costs and get a RE that knows DOR patients well, it may be worth travelling a bit further. I would look into either Cooper in New Jersey or SIRM-NY as an out of town patient. Both work with DOR patients.

[quote=Erin_Mac]I posted about looking for an RE in Michigan with experience in DOR but didn’t get any replies. So my husband and I have decided we are willing to travel. Is there anyone in the midwest you could recommend to me? Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Penn…we could drive to any of these states or even a bit further if necessary.

Any help would be appreciated. Along with DOR my FSH is also on the high side.[/quote]

I went to Advanced Reproductive Medicine in west bloomfield, but had looked into center for reproductive medicine in birmingham.