Looking for Recommendations?

Hello all - My husband and I are just starting to look into embryo donation and after reading every old post on this thread, wondering if any of you would be willing to share the name of the fertility clinic you used for embryo donation? We live in Nebraska but would certainly be willing to travel. I already have a call into the Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine as that is the clinic my sister used (successfully) for her IVF and am waiting to hear back from their donor embryo coordinator. My biggest concern at this point in time is the length of the wait list.

Any advice you all could provide would be MOST appreciated!

Thanks so much!

miracleswaiting.org is a great place. Its not an “agency” Just donating couples trying to find matches.

Many have said their Re’s offices were doing this in house, hopefully those ladies will chime in.

I used SIRM in Los Angeles - so my own RE. There was no waiting list because they don’t “advertise” you might say.

On the other hand, they don’t have lots and lots of embies waiting for adoption.

I just called a lot of clinics on the West Coast (where I am) as a start to my researching.

If I hadn’t been able to use my own clinic, I think I would’ve gone to Fertility and Surgical Associates in Thousand Oaks, CA. OR, to the Nevada Center for Reproductive Medicine. I know people who have had great success with both places.

Pacific Northwest Fertility in Seattle has a program, but they only let you receive embryos if you are not a good candidate for IVF, so you can’t just skip IVF and go straight to ED to save money. Because of this, they are able to avoid having a waiting list.

They do work with out of town patients, though.

When we were looking for a clinic, I started contacting all the clinics that were within a few hours drive until I found one with a donor embryo program, so you might try that.

Good luck!

[QUOTE=DRB]miracleswaiting.org is a great place. Its not an “agency” Just donating couples trying to find matches.

Many have said their Re’s offices were doing this in house, hopefully those ladies will chime in.[/QUOTE]

We tried through Miracles Waiting and it is great IF you have no children and can navigate your way through the embryo adoption process without any help. We ended up with three embryos, paid the couple $1500 only to find out the embryos were not theirs to donate and some very important paperwork was missing on them. Out $1500 and 3 months of waiting. I do not recommend Miracles Waiting.

We tried with Cooper Center for IVF in New Jersey. They require the most extensive testing for recipients anywhere(an expensive set of unnecessary tests) in the country and they have have a very long wait list if you are particular about the embryos you receive.

We ended up with Fertility and Surgical Associates in Thousand Oaks California. Great staff, short wait.

Thanks so much! Really appreciate the replies!