Looking for success stories with few eggs retrieved

I am trying to stay positive, but am letting my doubts get the best of me again…who has had success with 5 or less eggs retrieved. Last cycle I had 7 and :bfp: but :wings: at 8.5 weeks.

I have 5 right now and am going over my back up plan in my head. Going in I have been so positive this was my bring home baby cycle but only seeing 5 today took the wind out of my wings a little!

My insurance coverage is close to over after this cycle and I am out of pocket til July, so I think if this cycle doesn’t work, I am going to shoot for a cycle back to back using clomid/low dose fsh and iui. I get 5 follies with 375 Follistim and 150 menopur. On 100mg clomid I would get between 3-4. Maybe if I add the follistim about 75IU I can get the same results. Try a couple IUI and then when I can get insurance to cover it again, go back to IVF.

I’m lucky in that I had 25k/10k procedures/meds coverage lifetime limit but my company is keeping the coverage for IVF but changing carriers so I will get it again come July, so trying to be financially smart at the same time…

Anyone have success with 5 or less eggs and or have positive results with iui after ivf? I should state my DH SA is normal and I have had a positive result with clomid/iui with DD but we moved to IVF after 2 clomid cycles as we didn’t want to waste our benefit if there were better chances with ivf.

Hi, sorry to hear you are going through this. I don’t know if I would say we had success…but we got pregnant twice with around 5 eggs retreived. Both ended in miscarriage but we believe that had more to do with DH’s sperm than my eggs. I am a slow responder for some reason but the RE claims my eggs look great.

So, I guess I am trying to say that the number of eggs does not really matter as much as the quality. Knowing that you have a DD already should give you better odds.

Good luck to you! Jealous of insurance coverage:).

Quality is much more important than quantity, and quality is likely most influenced by genetic luck. My last cycle has been the most successful yet with the fewest eggs retrieved (and me even older…) So don’t give up hope, it only takes one good embryo!
:babydust: :babydust: :babydust:

My first IVF I only retrieved 5 eggs. My son is now 13 months. I am a witness that it is possible.

I got 3 eggs, all 3 fertilized, transferred back 2 day 3 embryos and got my 3 wk old daughter! It sounds really cliche, but it truly does take just one good embryo! Wishing you lots of luck.

I had 4 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, one arrested and 3 transfered back. I have a DD from that cycle.

Over on the military thread two of our ladies when from failed IVF’s to IUI’s and got pregnant on their IUI cycles so it can happen in cases like yours where IUI’s are an option.

Jennjack11, I am so jealous of your insurance!!

On our first IVF, we had 6 eggs retrieved, but only 2 were mature at retrieval. We ended up with 3 embryos, transferred 2 and were initially pregnant with twins. We lost one really early one and went on to have one perfect little girl.

I’m feeling good things for you this cycle! Chin up!!

[quote=essemkay]Jennjack11, I am so jealous of your insurance!!

On our first IVF, we had 6 eggs retrieved, but only 2 were mature at retrieval. We ended up with 3 embryos, transferred 2 and were initially pregnant with twins. We lost one really early one and went on to have one perfect little girl.

I’m feeling good things for you this cycle! Chin up!![/quote]

LOL…I know on the insurance…I am so blessed. I was thinking we were done after this cycle but when my company said they were switching from BCBS to UHC, I asked my DH and he is in insurance and said lifetime max’s don’t transfer between carriers so we would be starting over! I am so excited in case this doesn’t work!

I barely miss your cutoff with 6 retrieved, but I’m 21 weeks pregnant on my first ivf. Details in my sig. I’ve seen many successes with low numbers!

I only had 4 eggs retrieved during my second IVF round (only 2 eggs the first round, which ended negatively) - two of them fertilized. Both took and I was pregnant with twins, but lost one of them around week 10. The other one is now a healthy almost 4 week old girl, who keeps us awake and on our toes. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I went back today and there were 2 or 3 more that popped up and so I should have 7 or 8 at my ER on Monday. They are letting those grow a little…RE thinks it won’t hurt the others to let these grow a little more. I got :preg: last time with 7 but had a misscarriage at about 9 weeks. They added femara and menopur this time, lets hope it boosted the quality and I get some good embabies this time and end up :preg: …I would be thrilled to end up with :preg: :preg: …LOL

Hi! I had 5 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, but only 3 continued to grow. 3 made it to transfer…dr put 3 back in and all three decided to stay. They are healthy almost 10 month old triplets. Good luck to you! :bsv:

[QUOTE=sanali1103]Hi! I had 5 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, but only 3 continued to grow. 3 made it to transfer…dr put 3 back in and all three decided to stay. They are healthy almost 10 month old triplets. Good luck to you! :bsv:[/QUOTE]

Your story amazes me every time I see your siggy! 5 amazing kids from 2 pregnancies! I would be freaked at the thought of trips! I think it would be more terrified one of them may have serious health problems. I hear so much about that being common in trips! I don’t think my eggs are that good anymore!

Tomorrow is ER, can’t wait to see how many I get and then how many are mature! I’m gonna be on pins and needles all week hearing how they are doing.