Looking into embryo adoption

Hi,

We are just looking into embryo adoption. We have all our homestudy paper work done. We were going to adopt domestically until we got some recent information that got us thinking.

My husband sister was diagnosed with balanced translocation a couple years ago. Now my husband brother was diagnosed the same. Both due to repeated miscarriages between the couples. We are certain that my husband has it too as we were never diagnosed after failed Sui’s and IVF.

We are 39 and 37 yrs old. Our oldest is 8yrs old and came to us by way of domestic adoption. Our youngest is 4yrs old and was born in Guatemala. So we’ve been around the block! ; )

Just looking for a good program with reasonable costs. We would prefer to use our clinic for the procedure. Any info is appreciated!

welcome

i have been looking to and i have found miracles waiting to be the best, embryos alive second good luck to u

Only a few clinics have embryo donation programs available. The ones I know of are California Conceptions (although supposedly this isn’t really donor embryo but rather embryos created for donation), a clinic in Reno, a clinic in Albuquerque, MN and Fertility Surgical Associates (or something like that) in Southern California. If you google you should be able to find all of these clinics. Sorry that I can’t remember their names. The clinic in Reno has embryos available now. There is a 4 to 6 month waitlist at FASA and the clinic in NM. Costs range from $4K to $6K excluding meds and travel. These programs are embryo donation programs so there is no homestudy requirement.

You can also go overseas. Clinics in Spain, the Czech Republic and Greece have embryos available now. Costs range from $2K to $5K depending on the Euro exchange rate. This excludes meds and travel.

I’m on the waitlist at several of the US clinics but we plan to go to Spain later in the summer.

I didn’t consider any embryo “adoption” programs because I am not interested in doing a homestudy or paying the agency fees. A donation program through a clinic, even one overseas, is cheaper than the embryo adoption agencies.

ETA that we are not interested in a program like Miracles Waiting because we want anonymity.

[quote=mommyofcam1]Hi,

We are just looking into embryo adoption. We have all our homestudy paper work done. We were going to adopt domestically until we got some recent information that got us thinking.

My husband sister was diagnosed with balanced translocation a couple years ago. Now my husband brother was diagnosed the same. Both due to repeated miscarriages between the couples. We are certain that my husband has it too as we were never diagnosed after failed Sui’s and IVF.

We are 39 and 37 yrs old. Our oldest is 8yrs old and came to us by way of domestic adoption. Our youngest is 4yrs old and was born in Guatemala. So we’ve been around the block! ; )

Just looking for a good program with reasonable costs. We would prefer to use our clinic for the procedure. Any info is appreciated![/quote]

We have adopted embryos through the NEDC and I am five weeks pregnant! It was an awesome experience and very affordable. Finding our embryos took less than 24 hours!