Low AMH - any experience?

Hi Friends,
I am one week from being 29 and have been diagnosed with Low AMH (1.0 first test, 1.1 second test). They are pleased with all other information.
I’m being advised to go straight to IVF.
Has anyone with Low AMH had success with IUI?
Naturally?
IVF?
Acupuncture? Herbs? Massage?

Thanks for sharing your experiences and advice. :bsv: to you all!

I have an AMH of 0.2! I still got a BFP, and my RE is confident I can get pregnant again (I miscarried because of a clotting disorder). If your AMH is low, it means they will be more aggressive with your meds/protocol. Of coarse quantity is important, but if you ask me, not as much a QUALITY. There are many, many other women in this forum, who got pregnant with a low AMH. My IVF coordinator said she values FSH level more than AMH when determining ovarian response/ potential. Since your other labs are good, that is an indication that your quality is still good, but your supply is going down. It is good you are finding out about this now. :slight_smile:
BOL!! :cross: :cross: :cross: :babydust: :babydust:

Hi planning&praying,

I also was diagnosed with low ovarian reserve amh of 0.6. I started the clomid/IUI in november, I surprisingly got a BFP, but then I was diagnosed with a blighted ovum, and then with an ectopic pregnancy…long story.
So I don’t think I will start IVF before the summer. However I think I will do another IUI before then. I just don’t know when since I didn’t miscarry yet.

Don’t get discouraged, you amh, according to my re, would not even be considered that low. ! And as luv4rachela said, it s not so much about quantity than it is about quality.
Good Luck!:cross:

Hi Planning&Praying! I am 30 years old, and was just recently told that my AMH is at 1.1 which means I have low ovarian reserve. My obgyn recommended I go to an RE to get their perspective on what I should do next. I’m going today to get an HSG (its to test my ovaries) and my husband just went this morning to get a semen analysis. We are going to 3 different top NYC docs next week to see what they think about my situation and how serious it is (ie - if I need to jump right into IVF or if I should try naturally still or what) I’ll keep you updated on how these tests go today and what the different RE’s say next week! GOod luck to you all!:babydust:

Many Thanks!

Ladies,
Thank you so much for sharing your support. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Please keep me updated on your progress, too!
:cross:

[QUOTE=Planning&Praying]Ladies,
Thank you so much for sharing your support. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
:cross:[/QUOTE]

Good luck. You should be okay; you’re AMH isn’t bad and you’re really young.

Hi Friends, Any updates?

I just got my first BFP on the 12th! Way too excited for this early in the pregnancy, but I’ve never seen a positive pregnancy test until now :slight_smile: so I’m thrilled that things are changing.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!
:bsv:

Congrats to you. Here’s hoping for a wonderful pregnancy

low amh is not that important by its own
whats your fsh,e2 and lh levels on day 2?

my amh is 0,32 but also my fsh is elevated

Just wanted to drop a line here and give my story. My day 3 FSH was 10.7 and my AMH is 0.48. You can read most of the rest on my signature. We’ve been TTC for 18 months, with a little success on our own. I have a family history of ovarian failure - mom and older sis went through menopause at 42/43 years old, so I knew I had to get on it and be aggressive. We did clomid through our OB/GYN and it worked at first, but after the m/c’s we decided to go the RE route and have a proper workup - so glad we did. Our RE did recommend going the IVF route and we agreed to go that way to. We looked at percetange success rates versus cost which helped, but our main factor was that I wanted to the best odds the fastest. Infertility takes such a toll and I was getting pretty down with seeing :bfn: and :af: every month , so we are going for it. We’re paying out of pocket the first round and :cross: we won’t have to do anymore, but if so, we’re going the Attain 2/2 route, because you can’t qualify for the Attain 3/3 (refund) program if your FSH is over 10. It all happened very quickly, which I’m thankful of. I’m on day 4 of stimulating with Follistim and hope to have a ER/ET at the end of the month or beginning of next. I’m hoping that my eggs are of good quality even though there aren’t a whole lot left. So, that’s my story - :babydust:

Almost forgot -Congratulations :cheer: for Planning&Praying!

Best of luck!

I don’t know if it was the Chinese herbs that did it, but I just had my AMH tested and it rose a lot–it went from 1.0 a year and a half ago to 1.7 now. Yay! That’s a 70% increase! The only things I changed between those two tests was taking a really complex, customized combination of Chinese herbs (prescribed by Liz Roseman at The Fertile Soul–I had a phone consult with her via Skype) and taking royal jelly.

But if your AMH is low, I wouldn’t focus too much on AMH in isolation. Compare it to your antral follicle count–if the count is reasonably good, you don’t have nearly as much to worry about, at all. My count has always been good and I’ve always gotten 8-16 eggs.

Congratulations, Trixicat! That is Great news :slight_smile:

Hello Ladies!

I was just recently told I have low amh for my age. They have had this information for months, but for some reason I wasn’t told…anyway other than being annoyed, scared, confused:grr: , I am wondering what the best protocol would be?

I did iui and clomid last cycle at 100mg. I produced 2 follicles (there were 8 in total, but the others were too small).

I started 150 mg clomid yesterday and will be doing iui next week. The RE said it would be last cycle with clomid…I should have asked why, but my head was spinning.

SoOoO after reading here, it sounds like we should forget the plan of 3 iui’s and jump to ivf?

Any information or stories would be much appreciated. Hoping and praying we don’t have to go ivf route as it’s expensive. BUT I am willing to do whatever I need to do to become a mom!

BTW I conceived 2x naturally 2 years ago, both ending early mc at 6 weeks.

You need to do what you feel best about. Don’t let the doctors tell you what you should do. You can take their advice, but do your own research so you can choose for yourself.
I chose to find peace and focus on becoming a healthy person (less stress, more sleep, acupuncture, diet change).
I am taking our TTC journey one day at a time.
Everyone is different.
You make sure you are taking care of YOU first.

Thank you for the advice!

I had been doing a nice job keeping low stress, staying positive, but this New into threw me for a loop. I am beginning to feel balanced again. I have been doing acupuncture for almost 10 months now. It has really helped with my cycle. I started herbs in December and try to schedule the Mayan abdominal
I each month.

Trying to stay hopeful and confident in the paths that we choose on this journey.

I am glad to have found this board. I am 27 with stage IV endo, DOR, hypothyroidism. I had a lap. 3 weeks ago, my AMH is 0.51!!! I had my first lupron shot today (3 month injection). I’ve had two failed IUIs before my lap., I was on femara. Prior to that I took clomid for four months. Planning aggressive treatment with injectables and IUI starting in July. I get 2 or 3 cycles of that then my RE says ivf is it…we can’t afford ivf. At 10 to 12k per cycle and no insurance coverage for it. Hoping my 3 month journey on lupron is tolerable and praying for BFF this summer!!!

Steph

Good luck!

[QUOTE=Planning&Praying]Ladies,
:cross:[/QUOTE]

Dear Planning and Praying,
I was recently (Nov 2011) diagnosed with low AMH (.25!) and I am only 32 years old. My FSH is also incredibly high at 20…I was devastated!

After three months of DHEA and acupuncture I recently found out that my husband and I conceived Naturally!!! Surprise! I am now at 7 wks and a small heartbeat was detected. Keeping my fingers crossed and hope to give you some hope as well!
Good luck!

Hi,
I also have just been diagnosed with AMH of 1.1 and have just turned 37. All other findings are good.
They have advised me at IVF to go, go go, so we will.
I wish you all the luck in the world.
xx

Low AMH

Hi - I am glad I have found this site. I am 36 and just received results of low AMH after a year of trying to naturally conceive. I was devastated. We are starting IVF ASAP and I am scared and excited at the same time. It is very comforting to hear other people’s stories and know that we are not alone in this journey.