Low Cholesterol and Infertility?

I’m seeing two physicians for my infertility. One is a regular OB and the other one has more of a holistic approach to things. The holistic physician ran blood work on me last year, and turns out my good cholesterol was low. She explained to me that the good cholesterol controls your stress, and ovulation hormones. I had my blood work drawn again last month, and turns out my good cholesterol had dropped 20 points within 1 year and I was no longer ovulating.

My OB physician has me on Provera right now due to being 10 days late on my cycle, and then Clomid. I’m afraid that even if the Clomid works, and my cholesterol is still low then I may not be able to sustain a pregnancy.

Has anyone ever heard of low cholesterol causing infertility problems, and if so can it be fixed?

[QUOTE=chutzpah13]I’m seeing two physicians for my infertility. One is a regular OB and the other one has more of a holistic approach to things. The holistic physician ran blood work on me last year, and turns out my good cholesterol was low. She explained to me that the good cholesterol controls your stress, and ovulation hormones. I had my blood work drawn again last month, and turns out my good cholesterol had dropped 20 points within 1 year and I was no longer ovulating.

My OB physician has me on Provera right now due to being 10 days late on my cycle, and then Clomid. I’m afraid that even if the Clomid works, and my cholesterol is still low then I may not be able to sustain a pregnancy.

Has anyone ever heard of low cholesterol causing infertility problems, and if so can it be fixed?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if low HDL (good cholesterol) has anything to do with infertility but you can increase your HDL by exercising more, quitting smoking if you’re a smoker and increasing intake of unsaturated fats. Mayo has a good review:
HDL cholesterol: How to boost your “good” cholesterol - MayoClinic.com

Good luck!