Low Fertilization Rate with ICSI

Does anyone have any statistics related to fertilization rates with ICSI? We have done 5 fresh IVF cycles and the fertilization rate is always below 60% except one cycle where we had only 2 eggs and both fertilized normally. (The funny thing is that this was the only cycle where we didn’t have ICSI, just regular IVF).
The docs/embryologists are not able to give me any satisfactory answers about the possible reasons for such a low fertilization rate.
Is there something DH or I can do to improve our fertilization rate?

I remember a while back reading an article that the fertilization rate with ICSI was about 70%, don’t remember where I saw it, though. We also had horrible fert rate with ICSI (33%) and my dr couldn’t give me a good reason, which is frustrating. Hoping someone here might have some ideas.

[FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’][SIZE=3]My RE prefers ICSI over natural fertilization. We don’t have a male factor but my RE still suggested ICSI. Maybe I can get some information from him or on his website? We are paying the extra cost for ICSI and I hope we are not disappointed. This is what I found on the website for my RE. Are you sure all your eggs were mature?[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’][SIZE=3]http://www.acfs2000.com/art_services/intracytoplasmic-sperm-injection-icsi.html[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’][SIZE=3]Eggs for Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’][SIZE=3]A standard cycle of [/SIZE][SIZE=3]In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF)[/SIZE][SIZE=3] is done and unfertilized eggs are immediately placed in an incubator with controlled levels of CO2(carbon dioxide), O2 (oxygen) and N2 (nitrogen).[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’][SIZE=3]After approximately 5-6 hours the eggs are checked for maturity. Only mature eggs undergo ICSI. If immature eggs are injected with sperm, they may fertilize, but do not develop normally and rarely produce an viable ongoing pregnancy.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’][SIZE=3]Human eggs are one of the only species of eggs that can mature in-vitro, or in culture outside the body. By allowing the aspirated eggs to “spend” time in the incubator, some of the eggs that were not yet mature can mature in-vitro and undergo ICSI and achieve successful fertilization and normal embryo development. If the eggs are prepared for ICSI immediately after transvaginal aspiration, there is an increased chance that some will still be immature and not be able to be used, decreasing the available number of eggs that can became fertilized and produce embryos.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]