Low Hcg

On 9dp5d(fet)t (12/14) I had heavy night sweats. I was sure AF was coming because this has happened in the past during an ivf-cycle or non-ivf cycle where I get AF two days after night sweats.

On 12/14 am, I did a hpt (dollar store) and it was negative. I went and had beta done, it was 30. I took another hpt I could maybe make out an imaginary line. I looked at the hpt from the morning and you could definitely make out a faint line. This morning I took another hpt and no line.

I’m so worried this is going to be a chemical pregnancy. I go in tomorrow 11dp5dt for my second beta :pray: . If only the hpt was positive this morning I would have a little hope.

If there is anyone who had a similar episode, please share as I’m about to lose my mind.

Thanks so much.

My experiences have not been positive when it comes to low betas, BUT that doesn’t mean yours won’t be. HPTs are not always reliable at telling you how much HCG you have in your system - it could just be that your urine was more diluted with the test today. I know it’s next to impossible but try not to be too upset until you find out the actual number from your beta. I know how hard it is, I’m going through beta drama for the 3rd time now. Hang in there! :grouphug:

I would recommend that you use a better quality HPT. I’ve had great luck with Answer and First Response Early Result, both of which will show a clear positive if your levels are over 10. Good luck!

I just had the same thing happen. My first beta was 22. I tested on FRER the morning of my second beta. It appeared lighter and I was really upset. My second and third beta more than doubled. Please do not rely on the pregnancy test. I have decided to stop taking the pregnancy test.

I’d say rely on what the Beta result is. I did get a positive hpt using clear blue digital at 8dp5dt. But my 1st beta at 9dp5dt is 24 which is relatively low and worried me alot. But most ladies here who has low 1st beta assured me that what’s important is that it doubles on your next hcg test. Which is what actually happened on my case.

I just had my 3rd beta yesterday at 15dp5dt and it’s 597 it more than doubled or tripled.

So, dont stress yourself up and pray that your 2nd beta doubles coz that is what matters.

Ladies, congratulations on all your pregnancies!!!

The process has made me into an anxiety-ball. I’m on edge every minute of the day. Thank you so much for putting my mind at ease, just have to get through 24 hours.

Backrow - I think after beta is greater than 1000-2000 it doesn’t increase as quickly. During my first pregnancy they stopped checking by beta after it was greater than 1000.

Thanks Optimistic! I guess the doubling time after 1200 should be 72-96 hours, and my time was 106 hours. So really close to normal, but enough outside it that my RE is concerned. So stressful!!!

It looks like it maybe a chemical pregnancy, I think I just started my period. :grr:

Oh man. :frowning: I’m so sorry. Still go for that beta tomorrow, you never know! Big hugs.

[QUOTE=Optimistic02]It looks like it maybe a chemical pregnancy, I think I just started my period. :grr:[/QUOTE]

I am so sorry :frowning: I had a beta of 18 and had a faint line… I then tried a digital because they can only pick up 50 and up and it showed not pregnant. My second beta dropped to 4 and I got my period that night.

On the other hand… My mom had her period for the first 6 months with all five of her pregnancies so don’t count things out until you get another beta!

Prayers are with you.

[QUOTE=Fertility1]I am so sorry :frowning: I had a beta of 18 and had a faint line… I then tried a digital because they can only pick up 50 and up and it showed not pregnant. My second beta dropped to 4 and I got my period that night.

On the other hand… My mom had her period for the first 6 months with all five of her pregnancies so don’t count things out until you get another beta!

Prayers are with you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for your support. It wasn’t AF after all, just irritation bleeding from endometrin x 3/day. Less than a day for beta #2.

Sending you positive thoughts for the 18th, :bsv: .

Well my Hcg was 15, it is a chemical pregnancy.

We plan on doing IVF in January.

I’m so sorry. :frowning: Best of luck with your cycle in January!

[QUOTE=BackRow]I’m so sorry. :frowning: Best of luck with your cycle in January![/QUOTE]

Thanks for your support.

Looks like your ultrasound went well, I’m excited for you.:thankyou:

Optimistic,

Im so sorry about your chemical. I also had one with my last IVF cycle. Its really upsetting and a big emotional rollercoaster. This whole process is a rollercoaster. I wish you luck the next time around!!

[quote=Optimistic02]Well my Hcg was 15, it is a chemical pregnancy.

We plan on doing IVF in January.[/quote]
Sorry to hear this Optimistic. Sounds about like what happened to me last month. Good luck in January. I will be trying again in the Spring.