Low Hcg

Hi,

I am 11 days after transfer and my HCG is 26.5 today.
The clinic said that it is very unlikely to be a viable pregnancy.

Anybody have any experience with low hcg and still have a healthy pregnancy/baby???

Not personally, but I’ve seen it plenty of times on this board. Sometimes FETs can be slower to “get going.” When is your next beta? I’d say try to be cautiously optimistic, you’re definitely not out yet.

Best of luck!

Per definition you are indeed pregnant. Follow up with another beta in two days to see if the number doubles or more.

Keep us posted!

The clinic has me going for another blood test in 6 days? That is so far to wait. I wonder why I can’t go in two days! They were convinced that it wasn’t viable as the number too low. I didn’t know about fet’s having a slower embedding.
Maybe the clinic doesn’t want to get my hopes up. The nurse said I could be an exception to the rule…

While 26 is low it doesn’t count you out. FETs usually are slow starters anyways. So tons of luck to you!! :cross:

Hope you are right! My clinic is saying that if the hcg grows, then I am the exception to the rule… I guess it’s not impossible. Last ivf my BFP showed hcg at 70 on 9days post 5 day transfer… so it’s not that I am a low hcg’er…

Hi I saw your post and just wanted to say that my SmDD who is a very healthy and smart 5 year old was only 38.1 at 9dp5dt.

Low Hcg

I new to this site, and was looking for some input. MY HCG was 19 on July 3rd 10 days after transfer. Today July 5th my HCG went up 35.2… IS there any hope for me?? Being in Limbo like this is hard! Has anyone had such low number as still got their take home baby?

Hcg should double every 38-72hrs.
Check this site:
hCG Level in Early Pregnancy | BabyMed.com

My levels are low for 11dp5dt at 25.6 but it’s still within range. My clinic said that they expect it not to last, but they also said I could be the exception to the rule.
I guess we are cautiously optimistic…

To elrcl it is sort of doubling. Was the second beta taken short of same time with the previous one?? It should double anything between 48-72 h you are still in the game stay optimistic
To Angeliqueme (sorry if I misspelled ) nothing is over until u have your second beta!! I don’t know why they let u wait for 5 days every clinic I know checkes every max 72 h it should be 48 h is there nowhere else u could go for another test??

Good luck to you both

Not much to add, just wanted to say hugs to AngeliqueMe…you have been through so much, girl, and I really hope this is THE ONE for you!! I have seen ladies on here with betas much lower who have had successful pregnancies. I do think it’s weird that they are waiting so long to test your beta again!! Personally, I would POAS and check to see if the line is getting lighter or darker…that’s not always accurate, but you should be able to see a general trend to let you know if it’s a chemical or not. Will be thinking of you…so excited to see you got a BFP and again, hoping this is IT for you!!

Thank you Francesca13. I recognise your name from other boards, and I SEE your good news!!! Fantastic!! Congratulations!!!

And thankyou mpoupouditsa.

I think they are doing blood test on Thursday, 6 days later, as it will be definitive. If I tested every two days, it won’t really show much. It might increase for two days and then another two days, further increase but by 6 days the results will say it is or is not working. Testing every two days might be like slow torture.
They were quite convinced it is too low.

[QUOTE=Mpoumpouditsa]To elrcl it is sort of doubling. Was the second beta taken short of same time with the previous one?? It should double anything between 48-72 h you are still in the game stay optimistic
To Angeliqueme (sorry if I misspelled ) nothing is over until u have your second beta!! I don’t know why they let u wait for 5 days every clinic I know checkes every max 72 h it should be 48 h is there nowhere else u could go for another test??

Good luck to you both[/QUOTE]

Thanks! WE are trying to stay optimistic!! YEs it was taken around the same time. Im still spotting not sure if anyone should Still be spotting at point? I don’t go back for another test till Tuesday for my third test!

Im on Progesterone, Estrogen,prenatal, and aspirin, could any of these cause the spotting?

Update

I did hpt this morning and same results. No darker, very faint barely visible second line.
So, same boat as two days ago.
I wish hpt’s showed the levels.

[QUOTE=AngeliqueMe]I did hpt this morning and same results. No darker, very faint barely visible second line.
So, same boat as two days ago.
I wish hpt’s showed the levels.[/QUOTE]

Hey Angeliqueme, looks like we had our transfers on the same day. The morning of my last beta test it was 35.2 and i still had a very faint HPT the same morning…don’t give up hope! I also wish HPT showed levels, my next Beta test is on Tuesday…

Oh wow. Gee it’s nice to find someone in the same boat!
Your numbers are a bit better than mine…
What did your clinic say to you?

wow. that’s amazing to find someone else in a similar boat.
What did your clinic say to you? Mine pretty much said it’s over, unless I “am the exception to the rule”, but they kept saying they highly doubted it.

I found this thread, it has a few stories of miscarriages that resulted from low hcg, but also has some hopeful stories…
Essential Baby > Tell me your low level HCG worked out fine! UPDTED : )

They told me that it can be either way. They have seen healthy babies as an end result and they have seen Chemical pregnancies. They said it could just be that it implanted late :cross: . When do you go back for your next test?

Thanks for the thread!

16 days after an IUI my HCG was 33. It doubled (actually slightly more than doubled) every 48 hours through 4 more checks, so my REI remained cautiously optimistic… but, it turned out to be ectopic. My clinic warned from the get go that the low early number in that particular range was indicative of a probable ectopic. I was monitored closely and they were able to catch it at 6 weeks, so luckily I avoided surgery. I had no prior pregnancies and no key risk factors for ectopic–other than being a fertility patient.

Best of luck!

Wow, mntpth, yes my clinic suggested ectopic. I asked if they meant in the tubes but they said it could be cervical ectopic too.

ELRCL: your clinic sounds positive. That must feel nice. Mine pretty much said its a negative but we will test again to be sure. My next test is Thursday (6 days after first test).

I really did get my hopes up when u had faint second lines at home. They say there’s no such thing as a false positive. Well I guess this is a false positive in a way, if it doesn’t stick around and if it’s not ectopic. So many if’s. I had a mini meltdown yesterday. I just can’t believe this is happening again. Our first ivf was a positive but ended and we were told that its very rare for T16 to repeat. I guess now we have a very rare something else.