Low normal amh and normal fsh - can I get a bfp?

I have an amh of 1.1 and fsh of 4.2 - my doc said my amh is at the lower normal end of the range …

I have a new re so I have not yet discussed what this means… Having had 2 surgeries, 2 ivy’s and 2 miscarriages… I am pretty frustrated …

Do you think I can get a bfp and make it stick? Sad but hopeful…

Your AMH isn’t low. Also, you are young. You have a good shot at success. I had my DD when my AMH was .4.

My AMH was only 0.56 and my FSH was 12 and I have gotten a BFP 3 times and had 2 successful pregnancies, including a set of twins that are 4 weeks old now and I am quite a bit older than you are. I think that you have a great chance just based on those numbers alone,

My AMH is pretty low for my age, 1.8 at 25. I think my FSH was normal, around 8. I saw my critter dancing on the ultrasound today at 10 weeks. :slight_smile:

I am confused. I was told today at my doctor’s office that my AMH of .66 was not low and that they expected me to respond just fine to the drugs. Most websites I’ve looked at say that anything below 2 is low, but I found two sites that say that anything above .5 is okay for IVF as long as your FSH and Estridol are good which mine are. I am starting my protocol mid june and I am terrified that I won’t respond!!!

I hope you get the answers you seek as I seek them as well.

[QUOTE=HumDucky]I am confused. I was told today at my doctor’s office that my AMH of .66 was not low and that they expected me to respond just fine to the drugs. Most websites I’ve looked at say that anything below 2 is low, but I found two sites that say that anything above .5 is okay for IVF as long as your FSH and Estridol are good which mine are. I am starting my protocol mid june and I am terrified that I won’t respond!!!

I hope you get the answers you seek as I seek them as well.[/QUOTE]
An AMH of .6 is somewhat low. Anything above 1 is normal (at least on the scales I am familiar with). I have found people typically have as many mature eggs as their AMH number (not always). With an AMH of .66 I would expect 6 to 7 mature eggs which should be enough to have a BFP at your age. I would make sure you use an aggressive protocol for poor responders.

Your AMH may not be high but I wouldn’t say it’s super low or anything. It’s just not PCOS high or anything crazy like that.

I think you definitely have a shot at making it work.

Women’s Health and Fertility: You Can Do IVF With A Low AMH !

My RE told me that an AMH of 1.5 or above is ideal but anything over 1 was acceptable. I have seen countless people on this board get pregnant with an AMH lower than 1.

I was 29, my AMH was 1.2 and my FSH was 7. She said a 1.2 is consistent with getting a medium number of eggs (I had retrieved 8 in each of my first 2 cycles which is considered a medium number). Anyway, I got pregnant on my next cycle with those numbers with a more aggressive protocol that is better for poor responders. And I ended up getting pregnant on my own at 31 without trying. So I think your numbers look great. I would consider talking with your doctor about a protocol that is geared toward poor responders and get their thoughts on what they think will work best for you.

Good luck!