Low Number of Eggs retrieved

just need some great energy

had five follicles on u.s but only 3 retrieved.
just crying and wondering why i bothered at all.

[QUOTE=kay321]just need some great energy

just crying and wondering why i bothered at all.[/QUOTE]

I had the exact same situation a year ago and in the recovery room after ER I told my husband we might as well just go home- check out my sig. The result of one of those eggs is sleeping on my chest as we speak :). The cliche is true- it just takes one good one! Wishing you lots of luck.

Awww, what a wonderful testament!

I know the feeling. My last IVF cycle I had 7 follicles and only 4 mature eggs retrieved. I think coming up on my second cycle with probably only 1-2 eggs to retrieve on this Friday…it is worth the chance that I can have my own child and that is why we bother. It sucks to have low AMH and not many eggs, but I think as I’ve come to terms with it, I’m hoping quality over quantity and hoping that I get just one good one! :cross: for your 3 good ones!

sorry to hear about your retrieval.

i also have low AMH. I had 4 egg retrieved and 3 fertilized. all 3 were transferred and I had my twins from that.

it’s not the number that is important, but the quality. i hope you the best :grouphug:

Thanks So Much

i just finished a tub of queso and reading these made me smile.
bless us all!!:pray:

[QUOTE=kay321]i just finished a tub of queso and reading these made me smile.
bless us all!!:pray:[/QUOTE]

The “finishing a tub of queso” made [I]me[/I] smile! I just had my second fresh IVF cycle. The first cycle they retrieved 19 but only 3 fertilized. This time, they only retrieved 7 (and I don’t have AMH) and 3 fertilized. We were disappointed too but it really does only take 1, I see that all the time on these boards. Good luck! Hoping for a BFP for you!!

[QUOTE=kay321]i just finished a tub of queso and reading these made me smile.
bless us all!!:pray:[/QUOTE]

As a fellow low-AMHer I just have to believe in quality over quantity - your 3 could contain the lucky one!

Also totally believe in the tub of queso protocol - be good to yourself! :slight_smile:

I only retrieved 5 for my first ivf and my son is now 14 months old. I was also 41 so the odds were really against me. Miracles happen every day. Just believe in your hear that it is possible. :pray: 4 your :bfp:

[quote=kay321]i just finished a tub of queso and reading these made me smile.
bless us all!!:pray:[/quote]

yum…tub of queso sounds so yummy right now :slight_smile:

keep us updated!

I’m right there with all of you! The tub of queso sounds great right about now.
Not only do I have a diminished ovarian reserve, but they will be testing my eggs for fragile x. I’m really praying for you…I love hearing that it only takes one because I’m about to go in for retrieval and they only have 4-5- so far…

:babydust::babydust::babydust::babydust: to you!!!

UPDATE on low eggs- need some help ladies!

So got a call this am- said that my 3 little eggs did NOT fertilize so they are doing ICSI today- i am so confused- she said they looked good and mature but it just didn’t fertilize.
any thoughts>>:pray:

[quote=kay321]So got a call this am- said that my 3 little eggs did NOT fertilize so they are doing ICSI today- i am so confused- she said they looked good and mature but it just didn’t fertilize.
any thoughts>>:pray:[/quote]

I am so sorry. I have had this call in the past and it just stinks. I just can’t believe they didn’t already do ICSI when you had 3 eggs. I have never had a single egg not ICSI’d.

I have had no fertilization in the past, with ICSI, as well. But, ICSI greatly increases ones chance of fertilization.

When I had no fertilization, it seemed to be a protocol issue. They switched protocols on me and I went to 100% fertilization. They blamed my egg quality, which it may have been, but from eggs impacted by the protocol, not just poor eggs in general. I went on the next cycle to have a DD with only 4 eggs retrieved.

Hopefully your eggs will fertilize with ICSI, but I don’t know the statistics on that after they wait to try and fertilize them.

I would really question your clinic on why they did not do ICSI. I just don’t understand it with so few eggs retrieved.

rescue icsi

[quote=houston]I am so sorry. I have had this call in the past and it just stinks. I just can’t believe they didn’t already do ICSI when you had 3 eggs. I have never had a single egg not ICSI’d.

I have had no fertilization in the past, with ICSI, as well. But, ICSI greatly increases ones chance of fertilization.

When I had no fertilization, it seemed to be a protocol issue. They switched protocols on me and I went to 100% fertilization. They blamed my egg quality, which it may have been, but from eggs impacted by the protocol, not just poor eggs in general. I went on the next cycle to have a DD with only 4 eggs retrieved.

Hopefully your eggs will fertilize with ICSI, but I don’t know the statistics on that after they wait to try and fertilize them.

I would really question your clinic on why they did not do ICSI. I just don’t understand it with so few eggs retrieved.[/quote]

they say the reason they didn’t do it is because we got pregant before and no issues from IUI- i dont know i dont know

[QUOTE=kay321]just need some great energy

just crying and wondering why i bothered at all.[/QUOTE]

Look up Skisunfun on this website. She is 40+ year old woman who got pregnant with a retrieval like yours. She got pregnant with twins. You can do it!!!

Awww Kay…sorry about the no fertilization report. Don’t give up! You can see from my signature that we had the same thing happen. I know there are many reasons why this can happen…ours was a male factor but it’s important to talk to your RE about what you can do differently and what happened this time. :grouphug:

Well, I guess that is a reason, but I don’t believe it is a great one. I would question them on this extensively, and make sure if you stay with the clinic they use ICSI next time. I would also make sure to check the clinics success rates.

thanks so much
i am just waiting to hear tomorrow am but bracing for bad news.

update on my 3 little eggs with rescue icsi

only one egg fertilized.
any one with any hope??

Low egg retrieval #s…I need re-assurance

Hello ladies!
I’ve been reading these forums for a while, just never posted. Your stories give me so much hope, insight and so many vivid answers I don’t get from my RE.
I went in for egg retrieval yesterday and only ended up with 8 embryos, 4 were mature and only 2 fertilized…I’m freaking out that the 2 that fertilized won’t make it…any one has any re-assuring stories?? I’m going crazy!

Me: 34, unexplained infertility
DH: Low everything
2 :paw: :paw:
IVF #1, 11 eggs at retrieval, none made it past day 2 ( very poor RE)

New RE
IVF #2, 8 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 2 fertilized
waiting on day 6 to freeze for a later FET due to cysts.

I agree. Sometimes a smaller amount of eggs mean better quality per each, as your eggs are probably not fried from overdose of stimulation hormones.

Hang in there. For IVF it’s definitely true that all you need is one!