Low Positive on first Beta?

Hi. I am on my 6th IUI, I have had 2 positive pregnancies and then 2 miscarriages. I had my beta test yesterday and had a low positive (with 6.5). I also started (what I believe is) my period yesterday as well. I am wondering if that means it was a chemica pregnacy, or if there is still hope that this could turn out to be a successful pregnancy? I have to go back in for another blood test tomorrow, but I don’t know what to be prepared for, good news or bad? :pray:

I’ve seen them go both ways. There is no way to really know until you get your next beta. For me, i have had a low beta like that after AF and it was a chemical. But i have a online friend who had a low beta after AF (which was implantation bleeding) turn out to get her take home baby.

:cross: :pray: :cross: :pray: I hope yours is the same as my friend!!

I’m sorry

[QUOTE=Cah_21]Hi. I am on my 6th IUI, I have had 2 positive pregnancies and then 2 miscarriages. I had my beta test yesterday and had a low positive (with 6.5). I also started (what I believe is) my period yesterday as well. I am wondering if that means it was a chemica pregnacy, or if there is still hope that this could turn out to be a successful pregnancy? I have to go back in for another blood test tomorrow, but I don’t know what to be prepared for, good news or bad? :pray:[/QUOTE]

I’m sorry that I don’t have better news to share, but my first Beta 2 days ago was also 6.5… today, at 8.5 I am officially done. While “technically” anything above a 5 is not “not pregnant,” to be considered pregnant one has to be over 25. So 6 - 24 is limbo… not pregant… not “not pregnant,” and while theoretically it can go either way, in my research over the last year, I have only see 2 cases in which initial Betas (at 14dpo… 10dp5dt or 12dp3dt) below 25 went on to have successful pregnancies.

The consensus is that within 5 days of a 5 day transfer a blastocyst will implant (typically within 1 or 2 days). So five days later, anything below 25 means an incomplete implantation… or that development has already arrested.

Until you recieve the results of your second Beta, you can’t give up hope. Because it “can” happen… it can happen for you.

There’s another girl on this forum who is currently 9+ weeks pregnant, and had her first appointment yesterday with her OB after being released from the RE - so everything’s looking great! Her initial beta was 11.

So maybe prepare for the worst but hope for the best. And I’ll send you all the sticky vibes I can muster!
:bsv::gsv::gsv::bsv:

How many dpo are you? That could make a difference and maybe you just have a late implanter. For my son, my 1st beta was only 18 at 10dp5dt (15dpo). He just got a late start, but quickly caught up. It’s really hard to compare the numbers unless you know the dpo, because they can increase so rapidly at this stage.

Good luck.

Thank you all for the responses. I am trying my hardest to be hopeful, without getting my hopes up… to jesspr79, I took my HCG trigger shot on the evening of March 28 and had the IUI on March 29. The beta test was April 11, so is that 13 dpo?