Low Progesterone

Has anyone ever had low progesterone levels in early pregnancy but normal HCG levels and everything turned out ok? I don’t have my first OB appointment until tomorrow afternoon and I am about 7 1/2 weeks now. I went to my GYN last Thursday and found out I am pregnant but my bloodwork showed over 32,000 HCG level and my progesterone only at a 7.5. I had to call and bug them Friday to call me in something to help, since my progesterone level freaked me out. I started Progesterone 200mg 2x a day on Friday and had another blood test this morning to recheck my levels, but of course my GYN office has done nothing else to me, except take my blood 2 times now. I have spotted here and there but nothing major or doubled over in pain or anything.

To my knowledge it is good to get on t he progesterone but I was told that the progesterone you take vaginally does not actually show up on blood work. So i dont think the test will show any different.

Thanks rach007 for your reply!
I don’t take them vaginally though, I take them orally. I guess I will find out tomorrow if it is ok or not, I hate waiting, it has made my mind think so many negative things. I can’t even be happy that I am pregnant until I hear that everything is fine.

Update

Dr office said both of my levels went up and everything looks good and now I’m waiting to have an ultrasound. I can’t wait!

Come join the Feb due dates board hun! We would love to have you!

Had ultrasound finally and saw our baby and the heart rate is 155, my husband and I were in tears. I feel so much better seeing our baby’s heart beating, so amazing.

Thanks rach007 :slight_smile:

[quote=bhuckaby]Had ultrasound finally and saw our baby and the heart rate is 155, my husband and I were in tears. I feel so much better seeing our baby’s heart beating, so amazing.

Thanks rach007 :)[/quote]

How far along are you?

Well going by my last cycle, I am 8 weeks, but my ultrasound showed me at 7 weeks and 5 days or something close to that, so my dr said to still go by 8 weeks.