March 2013 IVF

I do not see a March thread started yet. I am going to take my first bcp tonight to start IVF#3. Retrieval should be mid March. Anyone else doing ivf in March?

Hi I am so glad you are back to do your next round! I wont be doing mine till April but just wanted to wish you all the very best. I will keep following your progress! :clap:

First IVF

I’ll be here I assume. Just found out today we’ll be doing our first IVF this month. I start bcp Sunday. I’m a little in a daze. In less than 5 minutes the office scheduled 7 different appts for me. It’s a bit overwhelming. Starting with the bcp. I have an IVF consult appt on Tuesday so I guess I’ll learn more then.

Hello Ladies, I would like to join you all. this will be my 2nd fresh cycle. I really thought I would only need 1 :frowning: any who I start my shots on the 9th. I’m on the antagonist protocol. what are you all on?

Not really sure beyond the birth control pills. Is that part normal?

Sweetoly…Welcome! I am on my 3rd IVF. Like you I was so sure the first would work. At least we know what to expect this time around.

Littleitalian…I am sure you will get your protocol at your appointment on Tues.

As for me I will be on long lupron, I started BCP yesterday, I will start lupron on 2/21 and then stims will start on 3/9 with a retrieval around 3/19.

I will be starting BCP with my next period, some time in March hopefully. I will be on an antagonist protocol. I have had previous success with lupron cycles.

Hi All! We look like we will be doing IVF #2 in March. I started BCP on Wednesday, however still waiting for our dates because we may have to cycle twice due to out of town dates mid march. We’ll see. I had my HSG today also to make sure that my polyps did not come back since the last IVF in 2011. I haven’t heard what protocol we are using but last time we used FLARE so I’m sure that we’ll use that one again. :slight_smile: Not sure I’m ready to start this crazy journey again!!! Good luck ladies! :cheer:

On Monday when I confirmed my calendar I was thinking ‘wow this is moving really fast’ now I’m thinking " why is time moving sooo slow?." good thing feb is the shortest month of the year.

I’m here too!!! I’ll start BCPs with the start of my period next week-ish. After a few weeks of that I’ll start the antagonist protocol. Pretty nervous and still learning all the steps. Anyone else starting an antagonist protocol? What can I expect?

Hi all! I start Lupron today and stims on 2/26. Retrieval should be 3/11. This is my first IVF.

Hi Ladies! I’m new to the forum, so first just want to say a quick hello. :slight_smile:

I’m starting BCP this Sunday for what will be my first IVF and so excited to get this show on the road! I’ll be doing antogonist with high dose stims. Pretty nervous about the crazy doses I’m on, but any side effects are small prices to pay. I have DOR and am just praying I make some good eggs.

Good luck and looking forward to meeting you all!

Lessha, that’s the protocol I’ll be doing! And I should start BCPs with my period which should come middle of next week sometime!!! I don’t have any DOR that I know about, but we haven’t done any infertility treatments previously, so I guess we’ll find out more in the days to come.

What stims are you doing exactly? If you don’t mind me asking? What levels? The nurse said they’d “push me hard” (LOL) to get the maximum number if eggs since we’ll be doing a freeze all cycle with PGD and an FET later.

Xerxella, how exciting that we’re on the same protocol and time frame! I’m not exactly sure of the dosages yet, but the nurse has commented a few times that I’m on extremely high doses for my weight. She also really worked with us in ordering our meds from overseas considering how much we needed and being OOP. So the way she was acting was like it’s some kind of mega dose lol. I should find out at my injects class on the 28th and will let you know. I’ll be taking Bravelle, Menopur, Ganirelix and triggering with Ovidrel. Good luck with your cycle! It’s so nice to have others to share the roller coaster with!

Hey Everyone, I will be starting IVF #4 in March. I’m not doing BCP but I start taking Estrogen on about the 25th Feb and I think I’ll start stims around the 10th March. I’ll be doing the long lupron protocol this time. I can’t believe I’m on #4. I also thought it would only take one time.

I’ll be wishing you all the best of luck!!!

Xerxella- i’m on the antagonist protocol also. I was on it before because of my PCOS. My RE prefers that because since you don’t you lupron for suppression you can use it for trigger and unlike HCG it does not encourage the development of OHSS which is common with PCOSers. I really isn’t a hard protocol in my opinion. when i compare what I had to go through for my FET (Intramuscular injection) the fresh cycle was a cake walk.

Sweetoly, it’s reassuring to hear that antogonist isn’t too difficult. I can’t imagine having to do all those intramuscular injects…ouch!

Aussie, wishing you the best with your cycle as well!

I spoke with my nurse yesterday and found out that my ER is scheduled for the week of April 7 - not March as I originally thought. So I hope it’s okay that I stick around? I’m a little concerned about over suppression after 5 weeks of BCP and wondering if I should push to cycle with the March group? It’s just a low dose estrogen pill, which I know works better with my DOR, but still. 5 weeks seems like a bit much. This is so me…not even a day into the IVF and I’m already worrying! :rolleyes:

Just got the phone call that I my HSG looked good, polyps didn’t come back (thank God!) and my AMH levels are looking the same (bad) but haven’t gotten worse so that’s something to be thankful for.

I start Lupron on March 11 while I’m out of town (this will be a new experience transporting all the meds through the airport). With estimated retrieval on March 25th - last time they were spot on with my protocol calendar so I’m planning on similar results this time.

What holistic things are you guys doing to get ready for this cycle? I know that I’ve already cut out caffeine/alcohol and trying to watch artificial sweetners. I’m already on CoQ10 and DHEA. I just want to make this as perfect as possible as this is our last try (paying OOP).

[quote=Leesha]

I spoke with my nurse yesterday and found out that my ER is scheduled for the week of April 7 - not March as I originally thought. So I hope it’s okay that I stick around? I’m a little concerned about over suppression after 5 weeks of BCP and wondering if I should push to cycle with the March group? It’s just a low dose estrogen pill, which I know works better with my DOR, but still. 5 weeks seems like a bit much. This is so me…not even a day into the IVF and I’m already worrying! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Leesha - Stick around with us! You’ll be going through the meds the same time and you’re not that far off in April. I don’t think it hurts to voice your concerns to your RE. My DH and I did this a lot during our first cycle and there were some things that they changed and afterwards she told us that she thinks we changed them for the better. If they have an overwhelming reason to keep you on BCP for 5 weeks then they can explain to you and put your mind to ease. But I’ve learned to really speak up with my RE and IVF RN and it has made the process easier even if it is just my peace of mind!

On another note, we went through a mTESE last summer (noticed on your signature) and wish we would have just saved the money… Good choice! :slight_smile:

Anastasia, thank you so much! I don’t know why, but I turn into such a wallflower with my RE. I definitely need to work on that because I agree with you, speaking up will either help me or ease my mind. I’ll call Monday and voice my concerns and hopefully get some clarification. Also, I’m sorry about your DH’s cancer and diagnosis, but so glad he beat it! I can’t imagine how scary of a time that must have been for you and your family. Thank you so much for your comments on the mTESE. Skipping it was a torturous decision, but lately we finally feel at peace with it. I see that we also share the low AMH…isn’t it such an unfair double whammy?!

On the holistic side of things, I cut out most sugar and carbs and am trying to add in lots of protein since that’s supposed to help with egg quality. My willpower is just too crappy to go gluten or dairy free! Just recently cut out the occasional starbucks and glass of wine. I’ve done acupuncture once and will probably do it before and after ER, but not sure yet. I’m taking a bunch of supplements to try and help with quality that are listed in my signature. I’m also trying to do everything in my power to make this cycle work!