May '13 IUI

Hi ladies!

I know it is a bit of a jump on May, but I was getting anxious to reach out and see who might be joining the journey with me at that time.

Our last IUI was in October '12, and I needed a mental and physical break. Our RE would prefer we do IVF, however our insurance doesn’t cover it, and it’s way outside of our means, so this cycle HAS to be it. I know there’s so many of us in the same boat…it’s comforting to know I have this forum, because people NOT in our situation don’t seem to fully “get it.” If I have to hear, “at least you get to have fun trying!” one more time… :grr: Sorry, laying on a cold, sterile table is not my idea of fun. I digress…

As I’m perimenopausal, my cycles are getting shorter and shorter (now less than 21 days), I’m estimating to start treatment around May 11/12. I look forward to watching everyone’s journeys…and want to thank you in advance for your support! :flower:

[FONT=“Arial”][COLOR=“Blue”]I go for my CD3 ultrasound on Wednesday, so it looks like my IUI will be in May, that is, if I don’t have any cysts. I took a month off, so I’m hoping my ovaries are rested enough to continue. I’m looking at my 4th IUI with Follistim this round. If it doesn’t work, we are going to take a break until January and wait until we have IVF coverage.

April looks like it has been a good month, let’s hope May can be just as good or better! :)[/FONT]

Had my first IUI today, May 6th is the big beta day :pray:

I was wondering how things were going for you! I think we stimmed together in September or October? I was back checking the boards recently for people’s progress, and it [I]is[I] comforting to see April is a good month for so many! Hoping you have well-rested ovaries and are ready to go soon! Keep me posted…

[QUOTE=Mskim]Had my first IUI today, May 6th is the big beta day :pray:[/QUOTE]

I hope you are feeling good today! And good luck - I know the 2-week waiting period STINKS. Keep us posted!:bsv:

I’m taking a month off so I will be having my next iui towards the end of May. Just taking this cycle off for my mental health. Our insurance doesn’t cover anything, so there’s that too! We might try 4 if 3 doesn’t work, but my doctor only wanted us to do 2. Then start saving money for IVF. Good luck to you all!!!
:bsv: :babydust: :bsv: :babydust:

[QUOTE=EmilyReese07]I hope you are feeling good today! And good luck - I know the 2-week waiting period STINKS. Keep us posted!:bsv:[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! I’ll be going nuts :cross:

Hi all! Well I hope to be joining you for a May IUI. I should be getting mine hopefully around 5/14. I had to take the last 2 months off due to my father’s health :frowning:

So I’m hoping I can work this IUI around his treatment. I’m praying so hard to get preggo this month not just for me but for him. I’d like nothing more than to make him a grandfather in case treatment doesn’t work.

I’m praying for all of you that all your dreams of parenthood comes true. This is such a though and worthwhile journey and I pray for a :bfp: for all you and for me.

[QUOTE=Sunnshine]Hi all! Well I hope to be joining you for a May IUI. I should be getting mine hopefully around 5/14. I had to take the last 2 months off due to my father’s health :frowning:

So I’m hoping I can work this IUI around his treatment. I’m praying so hard to get preggo this month not just for me but for him. I’d like nothing more than to make him a grandfather in case treatment doesn’t work.

I’m praying for all of you that all your dreams of parenthood comes true. This is such a though and worthwhile journey and I pray for a :bfp: for all you and for me.[/QUOTE]

[FONT=“Arial”][COLOR=“Blue”]I am in the same boat. My father has cancer and I want nothing more than to get pregnant soon so has time to meet his grandchild. Prayers for you![/FONT]

Hi everyone :slight_smile: My 2nd IUI will be at the end of April or beginning of May depending on what 150 mg of Clomid does to me. I didn’t ovulate last month so I am hoping I do this month.

[B]EmilyReese [/B]- Truly hope this IUI works for you this month :slight_smile: Good luck!

[B]cgaines[/B] - That is awesome that you can get IVF coverage in January if you have to wait. Of course I hope you don’t have to but that is stillr reassuring if you do. My insurance doesn’t cover a dime of it so that is way out of our realm right now.

[B]Mskim[/B] - Hope your IUI went well yesterday :slight_smile: Stay strong during this 2ww :slight_smile: I will be thinking about you!

[B]MrsVonD[/B] - I completely understand needing the mental break. I took February off for the same reason. I will be looking for you come the end of May :slight_smile: GOOD LUCK!!

[B]Sunshine[/B] - I am so sorry to hear about your Father’s health. My Father suffered from a Stroke last year and is still recovering daily. I understand the feeling of wanting to make them grandparents before it is too late. I hope this is your lucky month!!!

Hi Ladies!

I will also be joining you for an IUI in May. This is our first one. I should be getting AF around April 30th and then I’ll go in to get started. Excited and nervous!! I pray everyone gets their :bfp: 's this round!

Dawn

[QUOTE=pdot95]Hi Ladies!

I will also be joining you for an IUI in May. This is our first one. I should be getting AF around April 30th and then I’ll go in to get started. Excited and nervous!! I pray everyone gets their :bfp: 's this round!

Dawn[/QUOTE]

:welcome:
[FONT=“Arial”][COLOR=“Blue”]Are you doing a medicated cycle or just TI? [/FONT]

[QUOTE=cgaines][FONT=“Arial”][COLOR=“Blue”]I am in the same boat. My father has cancer and I want nothing more than to get pregnant soon so has time to meet his grandchild. Prayers for you![/FONT][/QUOTE]

I’m sorry about your dad. Same here. Mine was just diagnosed with cancer too. Prayers for them too.

[QUOTE=Hopeful0093]Hi everyone :slight_smile: My 2nd IUI will be at the end of April or beginning of May depending on what 150 mg of Clomid does to me. I didn’t ovulate last month so I am hoping I do this month.

[B]EmilyReese [/B]- Truly hope this IUI works for you this month :slight_smile: Good luck!

[B]cgaines[/B] - That is awesome that you can get IVF coverage in January if you have to wait. Of course I hope you don’t have to but that is stillr reassuring if you do. My insurance doesn’t cover a dime of it so that is way out of our realm right now.

[B]Mskim[/B] - Hope your IUI went well yesterday :slight_smile: Stay strong during this 2ww :slight_smile: I will be thinking about you!

[B]MrsVonD[/B] - I completely understand needing the mental break. I took February off for the same reason. I will be looking for you come the end of May :slight_smile: GOOD LUCK!!

[B]Sunshine[/B] - I am so sorry to hear about your Father’s health. My Father suffered from a Stroke last year and is still recovering daily. I understand the feeling of wanting to make them grandparents before it is too late. I hope this is your lucky month!!![/QUOTE]

I’m positive you will ovulate this month and have your IUI and I hope to follow you soon after. I have this feeling that this is our month. I can’t explain it but I do.

I hope your father recovers quickly so he can spend a lot of time with his future granddaughter/son or both :wink:

[QUOTE=pdot95]Hi Ladies!

Dawn[/QUOTE]

:welcome: :cross: first time’s the charm for you!!

[QUOTE=Hopeful0093]Hi everyone :slight_smile: My 2nd IUI will be at the end of April or beginning of May depending on what 150 mg of Clomid does to me. I didn’t ovulate last month so I am hoping I do this month.

[B]EmilyReese [/B]- Truly hope this IUI works for you this month :slight_smile: Good luck![/QUOTE]

Thank you! My sister has PCOS and has used Clomid before which helped…with just TI! :cross: for ovulation and successful IUI this month!

Hi Ladies!

Hope you don’t mind if I join you all. Our last IUI was December, we got our BFP but sadly I miscarried a little over 9w. But now we’re back to start trying again. We are really hoping this will be it!

Anyways, I’m CD9 today. Took 100mg clomid from CD3-7. RE wanted to start me back at 50mg but I questioned it and he upped it to 100mg refusing to do 150mg to start again…not sure on his reasoning. Started using OPKs today but I doubt I’ll surge anywhere before CD18/19 as that tends to be my norm. RE said to come in for an u/s on Monday if I don’t surge by then, that’ll be CD14 for me. Already have the u/s appt made as I’m sure I won’t surge. I’m anxious to see what follies I have going on in there. Hopefully we’ll have at least two and I’ll be able to trigger on Monday morning, which makes IUI on Tuesday (30th)!

I’m anxious, excited and nervous. So many emotions!

I pray this is the month for all of us!! :bsv:

[quote=feeling_hopeless]Hi Ladies!

Hope you don’t mind if I join you all. Our last IUI was December, we got our BFP but sadly I miscarried a little over 9w. But now we’re back to start trying again. We are really hoping this will be it!

Anyways, I’m CD9 today. Took 100mg clomid from CD3-7. RE wanted to start me back at 50mg but I questioned it and he upped it to 100mg refusing to do 150mg to start again…not sure on his reasoning. Started using OPKs today but I doubt I’ll surge anywhere before CD18/19 as that tends to be my norm. RE said to come in for an u/s on Monday if I don’t surge by then, that’ll be CD14 for me. Already have the u/s appt made as I’m sure I won’t surge. I’m anxious to see what follies I have going on in there. Hopefully we’ll have at least two and I’ll be able to trigger on Monday morning, which makes IUI on Tuesday (30th)!

I’m anxious, excited and nervous. So many emotions!

I pray this is the month for all of us!! :bsv:[/quote]

I am so sorry you had to go through a miscarriage :frowning: I am wishing you all the luck in the world that this is your lucky IUI and you have a happy and healthy 9 months!!! Hang in there :slight_smile: We should have our IUI’s around the same time. Mine should be the 29th or 30th if I surge like I have in the past.

[FONT=“Arial”][COLOR=“Teal”]Went in for my CD3 scan today, and my doc says I am good to go. I will be starting Follistim tonight, alternating between a 100iu and 75iu dose. Back to his office on Monday for a check. He would like to see if I can produce 2-3 good follies this round.
Hang in there ladies, I think May could be a good month! :)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Are you doing a medicated cycle or just TI? [/FONT][/quote]

Thank you! It will be medicated. I can’t remember the name of it but I know that it’s not clomid.