May cycles!

Hello all!

I am finally starting a cycle with meaning! No more testing.

I had my day 3 ultrasound yesterday and everything looked normal so i started clomid 150. Its making me a little crazy but Im tryingt o just tell myself its only 4 more days…just 4 more days…

My current side effects are hot flashes…sore joints…VERY moody…and tingling scalp.

I get my next scan on my day 10 (next Tuesday) then every other day after that…then its pregnyl (the shot) and then IUI.

I am really nervous and excited all at once. My hopes are high right now, but I am trying to keep everything in percpective.

IUI will be sometime next week I assume as long as follicles mature. Then i will have my first ever 2ww.

fingers crossed for BFP’s all around

[B]lokaxena[/B] - So exciting!!! I hope this is your lucky month :slight_smile: 150 mg was so hard on me too. Hot flashes galore and I was a major grump. I think it is finally leaving my system… GOOD LUCK this month!

Questions about previous clomid cycle

Hi ladies,

I was wondering if you can help put my mind at ease about something.

I did 3 rounds of clomid last year and was always told there was no ovulation. Now, i never had ultrasounds I only had the 21 day blood work…

Does that mean that the clomid didnt trigger a follicle to mature? OR does it mean i might have had mature follicles that didnt release?

I have my day 10 ulrtasound next week since im being monitored now, but i dont knwo what to expect and its kind of scaring me…

any insight on this?

Thanks girls :slight_smile:

Yikes not sure I can help. Since you weren’t monitored it could probably mean either one. Because you may not have released any eggs but there may not have been any eggs to release… Sorry. Hope you find your answer soon. At least you will know for sure with the u/s this month!

Hello all,

I can’t believe we are starting May’s thread. Crazy! Time really doesn’t fly when you’re TTC, but at the same time, it’s hard to believe that most of us are still here doing it all again!!

:welcome: Lok! :welcome: I can’t answer your question either. I have no idea what “not ovulating” means! That’s an interesting question, though. I wonder what the answer is. I would imagine it means you didn’t have any follicles get mature enough, so none of them burst open to release an egg, but that’s only a guess.

Praying- I can’t wait to hear how your IUI went today! I haven’t done one yet. We’ll be here for you during your 2ww!

Hopeful- glad you’re hanging around! :slight_smile: Have you looked into the supplements FertileCM (fertilecm.com) or Fertilaid? I started FertileCM a month ago and I saw a huge difference in my CM. I don’t know if it would be the trick for you or not, but if you’re doing an unmedicated cycle this next time, it might be worth a shot. If I get a terrible BFN this cycle, I’m going to start on Fertilaid too. The reviews on their website are pretty impressive.

AFM- this whole cycle, my emotions have been all over the place. One minute I’m feeling depressed anticipating my BFN and the next I’m feeling hopeful and happy, like this might be my month! Today I am CD23 and 9DPO. I typically see :af: CD25-29, depending on the month. But since tomorrow is 10DPO, I think I’m going to test. I actually am not feeling very hopeful today. Today makes the 4th day in a row that I’ve been feeling strange little twinges and pains in my lower pelvic area. They do feel quite different from my typical pre-period feelings, but I don’t understand why it’s been going on for 4 days!! The first 2 days I was excited because it was exactly when I should have been experiencing implantation, but now I’m thinking, what the heck?!?! I shouldn’t be feeling implantation for 4 days! So maybe it really is aunt flo on her way. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: sigh.

My DH has been so sympathetic and supportive this cycle, but this morning he said maybe we should just expect a BFN, since really, what is the likelyhood of us getting pregnant? We’ve been off birth control trying on and off for the past 6.5 years! He’s right, it’s pretty unlikely. I will keep you all posted though. I don’t know what I would do without this forum. Besides God, who I know helps me too, this forum is what keeps me going most days!! Love and :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: to you all.

[QUOTE=sarahdaisy]Hello all,

I can’t believe we are starting May’s thread. Crazy! Time really doesn’t fly when you’re TTC, but at the same time, it’s hard to believe that most of us are still here doing it all again!!

:welcome: Lok! :welcome: I can’t answer your question either. I have no idea what “not ovulating” means! That’s an interesting question, though. I wonder what the answer is. I would imagine it means you didn’t have any follicles get mature enough, so none of them burst open to release an egg, but that’s only a guess.

Praying- I can’t wait to hear how your IUI went today! I haven’t done one yet. We’ll be here for you during your 2ww!

Hopeful- glad you’re hanging around! :slight_smile: Have you looked into the supplements FertileCM (fertilecm.com) or Fertilaid? I started FertileCM a month ago and I saw a huge difference in my CM. I don’t know if it would be the trick for you or not, but if you’re doing an unmedicated cycle this next time, it might be worth a shot. If I get a terrible BFN this cycle, I’m going to start on Fertilaid too. The reviews on their website are pretty impressive.

AFM- this whole cycle, my emotions have been all over the place. One minute I’m feeling depressed anticipating my BFN and the next I’m feeling hopeful and happy, like this might be my month! Today I am CD23 and 9DPO. I typically see :af: CD25-29, depending on the month. But since tomorrow is 10DPO, I think I’m going to test. I actually am not feeling very hopeful today. Today makes the 4th day in a row that I’ve been feeling strange little twinges and pains in my lower pelvic area. They do feel quite different from my typical pre-period feelings, but I don’t understand why it’s been going on for 4 days!! The first 2 days I was excited because it was exactly when I should have been experiencing implantation, but now I’m thinking, what the heck?!?! I shouldn’t be feeling implantation for 4 days! So maybe it really is aunt flo on her way. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: sigh.

My DH has been so sympathetic and supportive this cycle, but this morning he said maybe we should just expect a BFN, since really, what is the likelyhood of us getting pregnant? We’ve been off birth control trying on and off for the past 6.5 years! He’s right, it’s pretty unlikely. I will keep you all posted though. I don’t know what I would do without this forum. Besides God, who I know helps me too, this forum is what keeps me going most days!! Love and :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: to you all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Sarah. Means a lot! Iui went well. A little painful this time but diff dr and I felt pretty much nothing last time. I am praying I get a good temp rise in the morning because I so want to ovulate at a good time this cycle. I was the slightest bit crampy before the iui so hopefully I have started ovulating or ready to. I am cramping now but can’t tell if it’s from the iui or O or BOTH!

Sarah I think the cramping could be a good sign. When I got pregnant with my son I cramped a couple of days before I tested (on CD 13) and it was positive. So I say to start testing tomorrow!!! But don’t get discouraged if its neg because that is still early

So a BFN today and the little twinges and small cramps continue in my lower pelvic area, though they are not as bad today as they have been. My temp continues to go up, so that is encouraging! If AF doesn’t show up, I will test again on Monday. Here’s hoping!

Praying- did you get a temp rise?

Sarah- still very early! Keep testing :). I got up at 4:30 to let my dog out and temp was still low (I normally check temp at 6:15) so I slept in today and checked just before 8 again and it was up so I am not counting it. I had a neg opk this morning and it was still positive last night! So idk what to think!

[QUOTE=lokaxena]Hi ladies,

I was wondering if you can help put my mind at ease about something.

I did 3 rounds of clomid last year and was always told there was no ovulation. Now, i never had ultrasounds I only had the 21 day blood work…

Does that mean that the clomid didnt trigger a follicle to mature? OR does it mean i might have had mature follicles that didnt release?

I have my day 10 ulrtasound next week since im being monitored now, but i dont knwo what to expect and its kind of scaring me…

any insight on this?

Thanks girls :)[/QUOTE]
Let me briefly tell you my experience. I did three cycles of clomid with my OB, 50, 100 and 150mg all 21 day progesterone negative. We had no ultrasound monitoring. So after day 21 results was automatically placed on provera and new cycle started. After those three rounds we were referred to a RE. She upped my clomid to 200mg and had me come back in on cd 17 for ultrasound. I immediately thought that was late to have a follicle check since normally you ovulate around cd 14. Well low and behold I had only one follicle that was just at 17mm. My OPK didn’t even come positive until cd 20. I ovulate on cd 21!! So we found out hat I just have longer cycles. So my progesterone levels would of course be low on cd21 test if that’s the day I ovulated! Duh!! I should have not taken the provera and kept OPK testing before. The first cycle of clomid 200mg for 7 days and TI with RE was negative. Second cycle was same 200mg for 7 days, same one 17mm follicle with IUI. Now my little Caleb is fixing to be 6 months! I was extremely lucky that my first IUI was successful, that is not always the case. Most IUI require a few cycles! Don’t get discouraged you have no clue why you didn’t ovulate! You may be like me and just ovulate extremely late. Oh and I also have a co-worker now going to same RE and she also ovulates at around the third week of her cycle! Good luck and stay positive!

Sorry not as brief as I promised!:woohoo:

Good luck to all you lovely ladies in May!!! Here’s to never giving up hope!
I started my 2nd round of Clomid yesterday. :babydust: to all!

Hi ladies…

I just had my CD10 ultrasound and they told me there were no follicles. They are sending me again in 2 days…

Im a little bummed, but I dont really understand…if there is nothing now will there be something in 2 days?

[quote=lokaxena]Hi ladies…

I just had my CD10 ultrasound and they told me there were no follicles. They are sending me again in 2 days…

Im a little bummed, but I dont really understand…if there is nothing now will there be something in 2 days?[/quote]

Hmmm I am not sure, I have never had a follie scan. I hope you see some in the next couple of days!! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=lokaxena]Hi ladies…

Im a little bummed, but I dont really understand…if there is nothing now will there be something in 2 days?[/QUOTE]
See my previous reply to you. I didn’t ovulate until cd 21 and my co-worker didn’t until around cd 28!

Im a little bummed, but I dont really understand…if there is nothing now will there be something in 2 days?[/QUOTE]

Gosh I hate that for you! I am not of much help because I just don’t know??? Obviously they think there’s a chance or else they wouldn’t have you come back (that’s my guess). Keep us posted! Praying for you!

I have no idea about that 2 day time frame, but I do know what day women ovulate varies quite a bit. Just because you didn’t have any follicles that day doesn’t mean you won’t have any at all this cycle! There is still lots of time.

AFM- Tomorrow I will be 14DPO and I’m thinking about testing, but honestly, I don’t know if I want to risk seeing another BFN. I know it could still be early and a BFN tomorrow doesn’t mean I’m not pregnant, but I will be really sad if I get one. Is it worth it? I don’t know. The last couple of days I have felt so positive and hopeful, feeling like this really is my time! Now I’m wondering if all my symptoms are actually related to the fact that I’m on progesterone suppositories, not because I’m actually pregnant. Well, time will tell, won’t it? I’ll update again in the next few days, as of now, though, I might wait it out and not test!

Thanks ladies :slight_smile:

Im waiting to hear back from my RE to see what the time limits are. Im CD 11 today, go for another u/s tomorrow but i jsut wanted to know for how long they will do the ultrasounds until its concidered a failed cycle.

They never mentioned for how long they would do u/s for (like up to day 21 or 28) but I need to find out or I will go bananas.

I will post as soon as I get feedback about the timeline.

Thanks for all your input :slight_smile:

I got some answers!

My RE emailed me and told me that I have 12 follicles on each side, all under 10mm.

They told me to not panic also and sometimes it just takes a little longer so we will keep doing ultrasounds up until probably cd18 or cd20.

So here is to hoping that something changes tomorrow!

[quote=lokaxena]I got some answers!

My RE emailed me and told me that I have 12 follicles on each side, all under 10mm.

They told me to not panic also and sometimes it just takes a little longer so we will keep doing ultrasounds up until probably cd18 or cd20.

So here is to hoping that something changes tomorrow![/quote]

This is great news!!! Yay :slight_smile:

I woke up this morning and said to my husband… I hope next year, on Mother’s Day, WE will be celebrating with our child. I hope this wish will become true for all of us! And to all the moms on here - Happy Mother’s Day!:grouphug:

my RE emailed me Saturday and said there wasnt much growth from cd12 to cd14 :frowning: I was pretty bummed. But now Im going fpr CD17 u/s and cd19 u/s if needed.

Im CD 16 today and ever since yesterday I have had crazy cramps…they feel a lot like AF cramps, but its only cd16??? I dont understand why…it hurts into my lower back too…just awful…any thoughts?

I emailed my clinic for more info in the mean time…