Me and my girlfriend are trying to get pregnant but so far no luck

Hi, honey! I’m so sorry you’re facing trouble conceiving. This is tough for every woman desperate for a kid. But you shouldn’t stop. You’ve mentioned you’ve spent years trying with no luck. This said you’ve become thhe candidate for a good consultation with the fertility expert. Don’t waste time, investigate why actually you fail. Or you’ve been diagnosed already?
I’m also glad you’ve chosen this place to be in. Ladies here are awesome with plenty of their stories. Some are really inspiring, and everyone’s the path they are going through to have kids. All are different. Could you tell us more about your background? Anything? Of course if you feel open about it. Wishing you the best and hope to hear from you soon.

Here’s my background in case you need some help.
Me then 40 yrs old (I mean the start of treatments). Successful architect whose life has changed dramatically with infertility. Married to dh in 2013. TTC since 10/14. Soon diagnosed on PCOS & blocked fallopian tubes. AMH test results came in <3,2. Tried accupuncture along with IVF shots. Got no actual results. IVF#1 9/15 failed. IVF#2 12/15- BFN. Our dr suggested PGD as suspected me to be the carrier of a very rare disease. (Wilson disease which is very rare TREATABLE disorder). Another shot brought no luck. We both took a LONG break for emotional recovery. Friend of mine applied for surrogacy in Ukraine, so was quick with recommendations and experienced things. We thought we could give it another try abroad. Using donor egg. It took us 2 shots DE IVF. OTD 25/05/16 - BFP! Currently we’re going for the sibling at the same bio tex com clinic. Wish me good luck. Would love to help you with some of the questions. All the best.

Hello Andrew! How are you? Hope you are doing well! That is great that you are sharig your problem here on the forum! You know I absolutely understand you. that is not an easy question. I think first of all you need to discuss the issue with your doctor. There is a lot of people all of the world having such a problem. I am here cause I am one of them. Unfortunately I am infertile. I dream about a baby. But this is impossible for me. I am about to go to Ukraine and have surrogacy treatment. Me and my husband are dreaming about twins. Hopefully all will be fine!

She still hasn’t gotten pregnant. I’m on this medication for blood pressure and I read that it can affect fertility but I’ve been having this issue since before I started that medication. I’m not sure where to go or who to talk to. I’ve always wanted children my entire life

You should consult a good fertility expert. They’ll take you through your previous medical history. Including conditions etc. Then they’ll talk you through the next steps and what kinds of things they need to understand to get a full picture. The appointment is for the couple. As you are in this together. It’s only made with a GYN because it’s mostly woman focussed. But you need to be involved as well. They might discuss your girlfriend’s weight. If her BMI is over a set amount then they will point towards that as something that needs to be worked on. As it will effect your chances of getting IVF, if you need to go down that route. The doc will also ask you about your diet, your stress levels, your habits and any vitamins you take. There are a number of tests your doctor will likely request after seeing you both:
Progesterone CD21 Blood Test
LH, FSH, Estrogen, Progesterone & Testosterone CD2-5 Blood Test
Ultrasound on Uterus
HSG Scan
Everything your doc requests is to give them a better picture of why you haven’t conceived yet. Work with him and try to get your tests done as quickly is possible to ensure you speed through the process. As it can be draining and a long drawn out process. Sometimes you may need to repeat tests, this is just to double check results, don’t be too alarmed. At the end of these hurdles, you will be given options for your treatment and one day. It’ll all be worth it because you’ll have your baby. I know all this because I spent years jumping through all these hurdles and now we have DE IVF dear daughter and currently prego with a sibling for her. :grin: