Meaning of my beta numbers

So, last time after conception with cryo IVF, my beta # was 392. (I lost the pregnancy after 5wks :frowning:

This time I am positive & they say my beta # is 569.

I guess this is good new(?) but dont fully get what this means. I only want it to mean less chance of a miscarriage but have to wait a week to speak to doctor.

Can anyone shed some light. I am happy for the + but nervous too. Thanks:pray:

Are you having a 2nd beta drawn? The key is in the doubling time. You really need at least 2 draws for the number to mean anything. Your number should double every 48-72 hours, I believe. There are lots of beta charts online that give you an idea what it should be.

Good luck!

[quote=TeaRose]Are you having a 2nd beta drawn? The key is in the doubling time. You really need at least 2 draws for the number to mean anything. Your number should double every 48-72 hours, I believe. There are lots of beta charts online that give you an idea what it should be.

Good luck![/quote]

First Beta (7/15/13) 568
2nd Beta (7/17/13) 1243

I’m just embracing each day :pray:
I go back next Wed for sono.

[quote=TeaRose]Are you having a 2nd beta drawn? The key is in the doubling time. You really need at least 2 draws for the number to mean anything. Your number should double every 48-72 hours, I believe. There are lots of beta charts online that give you an idea what it should be.

Good luck![/quote]

Thank you TeaRose. Congratulations on getting to the first trimester! I hope I do as well.

Faith- Your numbers look good! What day past transfer was your first beta done?

There is a great hcg calculator to use on babymed.com website. You need 2 betas to plug in the numbers, so you have 2 betas! :slight_smile:

I hope you get your take home baby! I’ll be watching for you updates!

[quote=Godiva4me]Faith- Your numbers look good! What day past transfer was your first beta done?

There is a great hcg calculator to use on babymed.com website. You need 2 betas to plug in the numbers, so you have 2 betas! :slight_smile:

I hope you get your take home baby! I’ll be watching for you updates![/quote]

My first beta was done 11 days after the transfer. Thanks for the hcg calculator. I will check it out! Congratulations on your babies:clap:

I plugged my betas in and I have no idea what it’s telling me. I’m not sure how many days past ovulation mine was? the site defautls to 14. Is it the day after I triggered with hcg and lupron, the day of retrieval? The jist of the line chart says I’m ‘normal’.