Menopur 300 ui

Hello Everyone!!

Just want to share my story and get opinion because honestly I think that we - women who has infertility problems we know sometimes more that RE !!

My sad infertility journey started in 2008 after trying to get pregnant for a year nothing happened but then suddenly I missed my period and I was pregnant but just for 7 weeks, I miscarried - and it was spontaneous abortion they called!!!

I was trying another year to get pregnant in natural way but unfortunately it did not work for us!!

We went to Infertility Clinic and what they found out was that I have Decrease Ovarian Syndrome my AMH was .95 by that time I was 29 years Old, THEY SUGGESTED me to do in vitro or IUI but i still was thinking that I will get pregnant in natural way because I got once , right!! But no,not for me that :frowning:

Now I go to RE and last month she put me on 150 UI Brevalle and being on injections for 5 days nothing changed so they cancel cycle!! O I have to mention since I started running over 2 years ago and also I changed my eating habits ( healthy eating , less carbs) i lost my period so RE put me on BC pills to break my period down so yes I got period and in 3 day of cycle I stared shots - my estrogen did not go up and follicles did not grow :frowning:

This month since last Tuesday I am on Menopur 300 ui every day so on Monday (last monday) I had appointment blood and scan - unfortunately my follicles did not grow - i have 4 follicles , around 6mm - but my estrogen rose from less than 15 to 68 so my RE wants me to continue Menopur until tomorrow and I have appointment in am for blood and scan !!! I am praying that they grow a just a bit so they will continue whole process

I am a self pay because my insurance does not cover that so it is very expensive every blood and scan it is around $450

I even dont know if I can afford next cycle !!

Please let me know what do you think about it!! I dont know if I should do IUI or INVITRO if follicles will grow and they will be good to trigger them maybe that’s a chance to do whatever is possible!! I was thinking of IUI it is cheaper but I just want to take and try everything what is possible!!

For ALL OF US A LOT OF :cross: and BABY DUST!!!:flower:

Thank you Dorota

[FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’][SIZE=3]How many days were you on 300 units of Menopur? What is your AMH level at? 300 units is pretty high up there. I recall being on 150 units for 4-5 days with approx. 5 follies all mature at trigger. I wonder if the BCP suppressed you too much? I would suggest ordering your medication from overseas IVFmeds.com or IVFStar, they are way cheaper but you need to order in advance. I suggest 1 month in advance. [/SIZE][/FONT]

I am so sad reading your story :frowning:

It does take multiple attempts to get the right protocol that work for us but the problem is always money. There is a thread in here for women with low AMH, perhaps that thread can give you some hope. As you can see in my signature i had several chemical pregnancies. At my old RE, they always stimmed me with high dose of follistim, 150 IU two times per day. I felt something was not right with my body and I hyperstimmed. First egg retrieval, I only had 4 blasts out of 21 eggs retrieved. Second egg retrieval I had 3 blasts out of 31 eggs retrieved. Deep in my heart, I felt like something was not right with either the protocol or lab technique used to do their ICSI. Please bear in mind, that my old RE’s office is the largest egg donor bank in this part of US. It could be that they were trying to persuade me into using egg donors. So out of desperation and sadness, I went to see the last Fertility clinic in my city (yes i have been to all in my city), and they have the lowest success rate but i was reading reviews online of a lady who used to go to my clinic and now pregnant after just one try at this lower success rate’s clinic. Plus my old RE had basically gave up on me. He said i should find a surrogate within my family. So we just did an egg retrieval two weeks ago with PGD. I had 6 remaining embryos frozen from my old RE at pronuclear stage that i asked my new RE to do PGD along with the embryos from my fresh cycle. I was shocked to find out that NONE of the 6 embryos I moved from my old RE office was normal. Whereas 6 out of 8 embryos from the cycle at my new RE office are normal. And the difference? I believe Protocol. I have lost a little hope going into my new RE office. So i thought that maybe if i can just have 1 normal embryo i will be happy. The protocol they use on me was starting low dose of 75 IU follistim and 75 IU of menopur and increased the dose of follistim every other day.

So I think it is just a matter of finding the right meds and doses for you. I did not do acupuncture, take any supplements (other than metformin) this time. I did all of these when i was at my old RE. I even enjoyed a cup of frozen yogurt, decaf coffee, tea and ate fried chicken every once in a while prior to this recent retrieval and I did not do any of these at all when i was at my old RE.

Please remember though protocols are customized based on your AMH, so I suggest you read the thread for low AMH and what protocols they use.

Thank you for your responds

Alexi, what about food and drink?? My RE did not mention about changing my diet or minimize my daily intake of sth. ??? Can I drink coffee??
what about dairy??? soy, I don’t eat dairy, just almond milk, i drink a lot of green tea?

to webelieveinmiracles thanks for your message , Yes I just find online pharmacy in Poland but I am not sure about shipping it is legal to ship medicine?? Have u done that before???

[FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’][SIZE=3]Yes it’s legal to ship medication. My doctor’s office uses the companies I provided on a daily basis. [/SIZE][/FONT]

Thank you :slight_smile:

s[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][I]ince last Tuesday ( so it is 9th days) I am on Menopur 300 ui every day so on Monday (last monday) I had appointment blood and scan - unfortunately my follicles did not grow - i have 4 follicles , around 6mm - but my estrogen rose from less than 15 to 68 so my RE wants me to continue Menopur until tomorrow and I have appointment in am for blood and scan !!! :cross::cross::cross::cross:

:pray:I am praying that they grow a just a bit so they will continue whole process[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]:pray::pray::pray::pray:

Dyra,
After my last chemical pregnancy I asked both my old RE and my new RE if there is anything I can do as far as diet or supplements are concerned to improve embryo quality. They both said no. At the time I was so fragile, so I basically just gave up on trying so hard to ‘improve’ on something i dont even know how to improve because i honestly dont know what else i could do. I decided to leave it to God and the doctor. I do still eat basically healthy diet but I’m just not trying too hard to avoid things. I dont drink coffee still and i dont eat hamburgers from fast food places. That’s just for my own personal health. Btw i have also switched my meat and most of fruits and veges to organic for health reasons except when I go out to eat of course then i eat anything. I dont take supplements anymore but i do take metformin. I did drink green tea. I dont eat dairy, I’m Asian and I’m lactose intolerant. No acupuncture.