Menopur question

Hi all :slight_smile:

So went to RE today. Start bc at the end of may. Was told what my meds will be. Ill have the usual Lupron, gonal, and PIO. But they also said I’m going to be on menopur. 75IU/10 vials. I don’t know much as this is my first ICSI…first anything. She said its to support my LH & FSH. Why? What makes the dr think that? Everything is normal with me. Only reason we need IVF is because DH has CBAVD.

Any reasons?

It’s just like gonal but helps with egg quality as many women need the Lu as well as the fsh during stims. I was on it this time and my egg quality was much better

My clinic uses this protocol standard as they believe it improves egg quality. I got pregnant so hopefully that is encouraging to you.

:cross: this works for you too.
Sending you lots of :babydust: :babydust:!

[quote=Gigi3]Hi all :slight_smile:

So went to RE today. Start bc at the end of may. Was told what my meds will be. Ill have the usual Lupron, gonal, and PIO. But they also said I’m going to be on menopur. 75IU/10 vials. I don’t know much as this is my first ICSI…first anything. She said its to support my LH & FSH. Why? What makes the dr think that? Everything is normal with me. Only reason we need IVF is because DH has CBAVD.

Any reasons?[/quote]

LH is normally released along with FSH from the pituitary to develop the follicles. Some believe both are needed for optimal follicle development. The pituitary is shut down while on daily Lupron, producing little or no FSH or LH. Gonal F provides only FSH. Menopur contains a little “LH activity” mostly in the form of a tiny quantity of hCG.

Thanks for your responses ladies. We’ve been seeing RE since August and always felt like it was a waiting game. But now it’s very real and around the corner. And it’s making me nervous and excited. All sorts of emotions…and arguments with DH. He constantly worries about money. I do to, but I’m more of a push through and it’ll work, we’ll make it work mentality.

RE says we have a great chance at a 1st time baby b/c I ovulate like clockwork, uterus is really clean, etc. So I’m just hoping…I don’t think I’ve ever hoped so hard for one thing in my life.