Microdose Lupron?! Help

My next protocol will be Microdose lupron. I am weary of this protocol because the long lupron worked for me (even though I had a miscarriage). Also, my AFC went from 2 to 8 over the last 6 months, so I’m surprised my plan for round 2 is different. Any thoughts or experience with this protocol would be greatly appreciated!!
:flower:

Hi! I just did a Microdose Lupron cycle. It didn’t quite work this time (chemical pregnancy), but I would do it again if that is what my RE recommends. I thought it was a pretty easy cycle. I only stimmed for 7 days before I was ready to trigger, so the cycle went pretty fast. I had very little side effects from the meds, just some bloating early on. I only had four mature follies, but that was to be expected I think due to my low AMH. Fortunately, I still ended up with three embryos.

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have, but I was really glad that my RE started me on this protocol instead of the long Lupron.

Thanks. Your outcome is the same as what I had my first cycle. I would do it again too.
I was reading my clinic’s handbook, and I think this will be a micro lupron with cetrotide added after BCP and before micro lupron. I guess that will prevent too much LH in the beginning, while making sure I’m not oversuppressed. Feeling a little better that the antagonist is in there too.

[quote=luv4rachela]Thanks. Your outcome is the same as what I had my first cycle. I would do it again too.
I was reading my clinic’s handbook, and I think this will be a micro lupron with cetrotide added after BCP and before micro lupron. I guess that will prevent too much LH in the beginning, while making sure I’m not oversuppressed. Feeling a little better that the antagonist is in there too.[/quote]

That’s good. I’m hoping that my RE will add the antagonist to my next cycle too, a lot of ladies seem to be successful with it. On this past cycle, I did not use BCPs, just started with the Lupron Microdose on day 4 after my initial ultrasound and then started the Follistim the next day. It think my E2 was around 1200 when I triggered, so I didn’t overstimulate at all. Good Luck!

I did the long lupron my first cycle and it worked as well but i miscarried and i even had some to freeze however I switched RE’s after a chemical on my FET and my new RE suggested the MDL protocol and i got 3 less eggs but i did end up pregnant and just finished rocking my miracle to sleep. Send me an PM if you have any specific questions and I will try to help you.

I was switched to Micro dose because I was a low responder to both Antagonist and Long lupron. It work for me as far as making eggs that get to blast but as you can see no BFN yet. Good luck.

I was on microdose lupron for each cycle except my first. I was a poor responder and the microdose helped me to produce a few more eggs each time. It is a pretty easy protocol, you should have nothing to worry about. If you are concerned, ask your RE why he or she decided to switch you. There answer may help you be more comfortable with the change.

Thanks everyone. I guess I am feeling uneasy because so much has changed since my cycle in Aug. At that time, my FSH was higher, and I only had 2 antral follicles (I have one ovary). Now, I have 8 antrals, and all my labs are better. I guess I am wondering if MDL is still good for me (I know it would have been before; I only got 4 eggs at ER.) I will call my clinic when my AMH is back, later this week and see what he thinks. Thanks, again :slight_smile:

Hi Rachel-
I’ve been switched to MDL for cycle #5…I start the lupron a week from tomorrow after 2 weeks on BCP’s…For my age, I always thought I did pretty well egg-wise (7 retrieved was the worst) but our fertilization rate was horrible on #4 antagonist, which I’ve done all along…I hope this different protocol gives us some better eggs/embryos, so I’ve got my fingers crossed too!

latebloomer552- You will have to keep me posted how it goes!!! I would love to hear your thoughts. I hope this is your time! It’s got to be :slight_smile: Best of luck!!
:cross: :cross: :cross: :cross:
:babydust: :babydust: :babydust: