Mini Ivf Whats Your Opinion??

Me 24 No Tubes Mild Endo,
Dh 29 Awsome Everything

[quote=natascha]Me 24 No Tubes Mild Endo,
Dh 29 Awsome Everything[/quote]

SORRY I PRESSWED THE SEND BUTTON LOL

I HAVE HAD 4 LOSES ALL ECTOPIC NOW I HAVE NO TUBES

I AM STARTING IVF IN THE SPRING and we have gotten preggers b4 with heart beats so would you suggest a mini ivf or a full one and whats the benifets. this is such a scary road for me. but iam strong i have lost 4 angels and both tubes and iam only 24 we have no chocie but ivf now, but because we can concive well noty anymor lol. i am accepted to do a natural or mini ivf and was wandering what your thoughts were on that??

[quote=natascha]SORRY I PRESSWED THE SEND BUTTON LOL

I HAVE HAD 4 LOSES ALL ECTOPIC NOW I HAVE NO TUBES

I AM STARTING IVF IN THE SPRING and we have gotten preggers b4 with heart beats so would you suggest a mini ivf or a full one and whats the benifets. this is such a scary road for me. but iam strong i have lost 4 angels and both tubes and iam only 24 we have no chocie but ivf now, but because we can concive well noty anymor lol. i am accepted to do a natural or mini ivf and was wandering what your thoughts were on that??[/quote]

I did mini IVF and here I sit 35 weeks pregnant. The only difference between mini and regular is that you don’t take BCP before hand. If the re is offering you mini, he feels your hormonal test were good enough for the mini. I say go for it!!!

We have not done an mini, but in our research we are leaning towards it. We have severe male factor, so our only choice is IVF, but with mini IVF it’s cheaper and less stressful on the body. My hubby and I were thinking it’s possible the reason the first 4 IVF’s we did didn’t work was because my body was too stressed. We will either do a traditional IVF, but transfer with a FET the next time or we will do a mini ivf. I will be interested to see what others think on this topic.

Good Luck to you guys!

I did a mini in Sept. and am currently 12 weeks pregnant. With my first IVF in 2008, I did a full cycle. I had 21 follies. That cycle got me 3 transfers (1 BFN and 2 early m/c’s). Can you say overstimulation and fried eggs?!?!?!?!? Mini was much easier on my body and obviously produced better quality eggs. I never realized how bad and bloated I was after my first IVF until I did the Mini and felt totally normal afterwards.

In addition to not being on BCP for the cycle, my clinic uses much lower doses of stims for a mini. Anything under 225 IU’s of stims is considered a mini at my clinic. I did 150 IU’s of stims for 7 days - very minimal, considering that my previous clinic had me on 300 IU’s for my first IVF (when they could find nothing wrong with me).

Anyway - good luck to you!

Wow thank you so much i have so much hope now.

seeming how you all, got bfps with a mini iam so excited i wish io could do it tommorow lol. alas cant aford it till mayish maby even june july, dh wants a june baby but i dont want to wit till sept to get my bfp ugh. lol so i gotta talk him down to earler date wish me luck…

again thank you all for the replies iams o glad to know there are soem other ladies going true the same thing as me ity makes it so much easier than going in blind… thnak you all and
sticky :preg::bsv::flower: for you all and me when the time comes…

Ps, with the mini ivf what was your price range i know for my clinic just teh ivf cycle is 5300 not including meds, it includes some lab fees… and is the cycle long or short?? idk so nervouse

[quote=natascha]
Ps, with the mini ivf what was your price range i know for my clinic just teh ivf cycle is 5300 not including meds, it includes some lab fees… and is the cycle long or short?? idk so nervouse[/quote]

My clinic was $ 3,500.00, plus another $ 1,200 for an ultrasound and bloodwork package…I got my medicine for free through the Comassionate Care program offered through Fertility Lifelines - you may want to check it out. There are some caveats for acceptance to the program, and if I hadn’t had $ 10,000 in out of pocket infertility expenses in the past year, they probably would have turned me down due to our income level…it’s worth checking out, as it wound up saving us over $ 3,000.

I felt the cycle was no longer or shorter than my full IVF - it was about the same, but I never did the Lupron protocol, or BCPs, so my first IVF was shorter than normal anyway. My first day of :af: was 9/8/10 & my transfer was on 9/24/10, so it didn’t take very long.

Natascha - keep in mind when asking about how much treatments cost you have to keep in mind where (city/state) a person might be doing the treatment at. Some states have cheaper prices than others. I was shocked to hear how cheap IVF was in NY vs other states. Good Luck to you!

also keep in mind that different clinics label different things as “mini”

What some clinics call mini is a cycle that is mostly clomid or femara(letrazole) + a day or 2 of menopur or other injectible, and other clinics like Val’s just do a lower dose of injectibles.

So far, I don’t think there are a ton of clinics out there that do a “mini” or “micro” ivf cycle.

You are young, so mini might not be a bad option for you to try if the $$ is significant. I would not go through a natural cycle- too much riding on just one egg- if that one egg doesn’t fertilize or isn’t mature, the whole cycle is a bust!

i live in canada sigh so i have to go out of town to get my ivf done, i will deffo find outb the pricing so i know when i can afford it

Natascha check out New Hope IVF in New York City, NY. They do mini IVF and have the prices on their website.

I just did a mini ivf cycle and it did not work for me as you can see in my signature. I would go to clinic with favorable results…do lots of research. I didn’t know about SART when I first started looking for an RE but her success rate is less than the national average. I also did mini for economical reasons. Good luck and :babydust:

bbe- so I was reading your signature and I’m confused. The research that I have done with mini IVF the retrieval and transfer do not happen in the same month. Did you have your retrieval and then three days later have the transfer? What I understood from my research (mind you I have not talked to any doctors about the minimal invasive IVF) you have retreival and then have the transfer a month later or so with your natural cycle. This is so that you don’t have to do progesterone shots. Anyhow, I would love to hear more about your procedure.

Thanks

My doctor did it during the same cycle. I also asked her about doing a frozen cycle the next month and she didn’t agree. i think the reason some clinics do mini in separate cycles is because clomid thins lining. My lining was good however.

I have done back to back mini ivf’s. We did the transfer 3days after er. My first was pfn. My beta for this cycle is 12/8.