Mini IVF

Has anyone had any experience with the mini IVF procedure that is coming out? From what I’ve ready, its a little less aggressive (fewer eggs are harvested), but includes ICSI, with nearly the same success rate as traditional IVF.

One of the RE’s we’ve met with is starting to offer this, and its attractive because the cost is more affordable. Just curious if anyone has any experience with this method of treatment, and your thoughts/opinions. I’m going to do some more research on it, and may go back in to discuss with the doc.

Thanks in advance for any information you all provide. Wishing you all good luck!

I did mini IVF but it did not work for me in 2010. I think it might be a good option if your RE has a successful history with it. Some clinics specialize in mini IVF. Also, from what I’ve gathered, clomid is not the best choice of drug for mini IVF. If your Re is willing to do it with injectibles, that may be a good option. :babydust:

Thank you for the info! I think I’m going to give them a call, and get some more info on their experience/success rates with it. Wishing you success this year!

I am currently involved in a clinical trial with New Hope Fertility in NYC. New Hope specializes in mini-ivf and has excellent success rates. My protocol was clomid and follistim and I triggered with Ovidrel. All of New Hopes mini cycles are FET, none are fresh transfers & they promote single embryo tranfers. Women produce 2-5 eggs on average with mini but some will produce more. I had my sFET yesterday so I’m currently in my 1ww!

Here is their website:
New Hope Fertility Center

[quote=waitingwomb]I am currently involved in a clinical trial with New Hope Fertility in NYC. New Hope specializes in mini-ivf and has excellent success rates. My protocol was clomid and follistim and I triggered with Ovidrel. All of New Hopes mini cycles are FET, none are fresh transfers & they promote single embryo tranfers. Women produce 2-5 eggs on average with mini but some will produce more. I had my sFET yesterday so I’m currently in my 1ww!

Here is their website:
New Hope Fertility Center[/quote]

Thanks! I’ve actually heard of New Hope, but haven’t had a chance to check them out yet. Not sure how well that clinic would work for us, since we’re in Indiana. I’ll check them out, though! :slight_smile:

Mini-IVF seems like a good fit for us financially right now. I’m definately going to get more info, and see if I can find some trials in our area.

I wish you lots of:bsv: for this procedure! Please let me know how you’re doing, as I’ll be praying for you!

Ooglie,
will you be using testicular sperm from your DH having a tese? If so, you may not want to go the mini IVF route. From what I understand, the fertilization rate with testicular sperm is lower than normal so you would want as many eggs as possible to work with. For example, we did a regular IVF cycle and with 20 eggs retrieved and 14 mature, we only had 7 fertilize. I have heard the same thing from other women on the azoo board who have used testicular sperm extraction. If you do a mini and only end up with 3 or 4 eggs, you might not get any to fertilize.

I know the cost is enticing, but I was just doing a cost search for regular IVF last night and I have found that there are places that offer a much lower cost IVF cycle and still have decent success rates. One of those is Advanced Reproductive Concepts in North Carolina. It takes a lot of time and patience to search and call around but it could pay off if you find something affordable for you!

I have an appointment with a doctor at the Sher institute in NJ on Weds to discuss their mini ivf program. I will let you know how it goes. I have alot of questions regarding the sucess compared to that of traditional ivf. I am 36 with mild pcos and my husband has 0% morphologhy. I got pg w/ my daughter with IVF w/ icsi and we were thinking about trying for #2 but cannot afford another full IVF. I was reading about the mini ivf and thought it would be a good options. i just want more info before I make my decision. I heard that some clinics use clomid and then do a forzen cycle. It that’s the case, I am not interested. WE had a previously failed frozen cycle. I think this particular doctor uses injectables with a fresh cycle.

I go wednesday, so I will keep you posted.

I did the mini ivf in March… it was unsuccessful but I am going to try again. I produced 11 eggs

Thanks everyone for the information and input. I’ll make notes of all this, to discuss with the ER. Hopefully, we’ll be able to start the IVF process (either one) this spring.

Best of luck to you all!

Doing my first and probably only mini/micro IVF in February (see signature). Protocols are planned for:

CD1-2 Ultrasound and mock transfer
CD3-7 Femara (I respond 3-6 follies with it now)
CD6-9 450U follistim
CD9 ultrasound and at some point the ER and ET
No male factors but doing ICSI to maximize the chances and if eggs are in question will approve assisted hatching.

Good luck to you!