Miscarriage advice please

Hello everyone,
I am having a very confusing experience and I’m hoping someone could help.
My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for a few months. I was feeling different this month so on Novemember 10th I took 3 pregnancy tests (it was the day my period was due) all three came back positive. Everything seemed fine my doc app was scheduled for next week. The 14th (last night) I started bleeding and it got heavier, some cramping too. Today I went for bloodwork and the doc said hcg levels came back at 0. So nowIm wondering what that means…is it normal for them to be so llow so quick…was I even pregnant? I feel so sad and confused. My doctor also said to wait 3 cycles before trying again (this is a new dr ive never seen before)…3 cycles seems like a long time.
My best wishes go out you all of you amd thanks in advance for any advice.

[QUOTE=PattiAnn237]Hello everyone,
I am having a very confusing experience and I’m hoping someone could help.
My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for a few months. I was feeling different this month so on Novemember 10th I took 3 pregnancy tests (it was the day my period was due) all three came back positive. Everything seemed fine my doc app was scheduled for next week. The 14th (last night) I started bleeding and it got heavier, some cramping too. Today I went for bloodwork and the doc said hcg levels came back at 0. So nowIm wondering what that means…is it normal for them to be so llow so quick…was I even pregnant? I feel so sad and confused. My doctor also said to wait 3 cycles before trying again (this is a new dr ive never seen before)…3 cycles seems like a long time.
My best wishes go out you all of you amd thanks in advance for any advice.[/QUOTE]

In early pregnancy the HCG can drop very quick. There is actually new evidence that trying again right away gives you better odds of getting pregnant. The cycle right after a miscarriage is actually usually very fertile. The old school of thought was that you needed 3 months because it was thought that the body’s hormones needed three months to adjust, but that isn’t the case (as shown by new info). Also, they want you to take time to heal emotionally, but we all heal differently and for me personally jumping right back into trying and having that hope of the possibilities is the way I heal so…waiting three months for me would be awfully painful.

I think you need to do what is best for you. Not everyone needs time to emotionally heal like that. You may need to switch Docs though, but since you haven’t even seen this one before you aren’t attached so…

Thank you so much for your response!!! I feel so much better knowing its probably safe to start trying again soon. Im going to call the doctor I usually see to have a chat. This doctor just threw me off. I felt like she was telling me that I was never really pregnant…but that I should wait 3 months to try again??? Thank you again so much!!

Follow your heart on this one. I am not going to wait to try. But my RE said that all I needed to do was have my first AF after the miscarriage to get back invite IVF horse. So that would mean two months and we can transfer again. As my BF. had an even earlier miscarage - chemical- two weeks before me and they are doing her FET next week.

Bad luck , how to move on

Hi

Just wanted some help to deal with what has just happened in the matter of a few days.

We have been ttc for 4 years. In the four years i have had 1 ectopic pregnancy, and four failed ivfs. A few days ago, a miracle happened as i found out i was pregnant. As you can imagine i was extremely anxious as i thought it could be another ectopic. I rushed into ane , where they did a scan the next day. I was relieved that they saw the sac in the uterus, and looked 5 weeks pregnant. However, my happiness did not last. That night i had bad cramps and felt different. The next day i asked the hospital to take by bloods and to check the hcg levels. I was devastated when they told me that the hcg is not increasing as it should be and that i will have a miscarriage. I am sitting at home now waiting for this to happen

How do i move on from this. Please help

[quote=jessica21]Hi

Just wanted some help to deal with what has just happened in the matter of a few days.

We have been ttc for 4 years. In the four years i have had 1 ectopic pregnancy, and four failed ivfs. A few days ago, a miracle happened as i found out i was pregnant. As you can imagine i was extremely anxious as i thought it could be another ectopic. I rushed into ane , where they did a scan the next day. I was relieved that they saw the sac in the uterus, and looked 5 weeks pregnant. However, my happiness did not last. That night i had bad cramps and felt different. The next day i asked the hospital to take by bloods and to check the hcg levels. I was devastated when they told me that the hcg is not increasing as it should be and that i will have a miscarriage. I am sitting at home now waiting for this to happen

How do i move on from this. Please help[/quote]

I am so sorry. Beta hell can be devastating. Firstly, I would call your doctor and have one additional beta done. Did they do an ultrasound again at the hopsital?

It seems like a bit more testing needs to be done in order to confirm a miscarriage. I know that it looks very bleak right now, but try to not give up hope – whether it be for this cycle or for the future. You WILL be a parent someday. :grouphug: