More than one DE cycle?

After 3 failed fresh IVFs in the last year due to eqq quality, dh and I moved onto donor egg. We picked an anonymous donor with ideal hormone levels, 21, one bio child, and an antral follicle count of 21. We only had 6 eggs retrieved and only 4 were mature. We lost two and transferred 2 1AA blasts. Tomorrow I’ll be 9dp5dt and am still getting a bfn on hpts. Anyone need more than one DE cycle for success? What did you do differently, if anything. I’m heartbroken this didn’t work.

Hi there - please do not lose hope yet. I have read of lots of women who even did a hpt on the day of their beta, got a negative and received a phone call that they their beta was positive.
Sometimes it takes time longer for the little embies to implant. Sometimes it is the test you are using (which one have you been using, by the way). I know lots of women who would have success getting a positive with the cheap internet sticks (not me) and get positives with First Response. Others would get their positives with Clear Blue. And again, others would get BFN’s all the way only to get awesome news the day of their beta.
There’s a reason they schedule the beta test that far out :slight_smile:

To answer your direct question though - I know of one woman who still posts on here occasionally, and it took her her 3rd DE cycle to get her BFP and is now holding her wonderful daughter. From what I recall, she ended up increasing both her estrogen and progesterone (of course, it was approved by her RE). I guarantee you you will hear of many women where it took more than one cycle (unfortunately). There are so many variables that go into this.
Please try not to lose hope. Sometimes it takes time, sometimes you’re in for a surprise :grouphug:

Thanks for your reply. I’ve tested with first response and clear blue. BFN on both. Beta scheduled for Thursday.

[QUOTE=littlesttiger]After 3 failed fresh IVFs in the last year due to eqq quality, dh and I moved onto donor egg. We picked an anonymous donor with ideal hormone levels, 21, one bio child, and an antral follicle count of 21. We only had 6 eggs retrieved and only 4 were mature. We lost two and transferred 2 1AA blasts. Tomorrow I’ll be 9dp5dt and am still getting a bfn on hpts. Anyone need more than one DE cycle for success? What did you do differently, if anything. I’m heartbroken this didn’t work.[/QUOTE]

I’m so sorry to hear your BFN - although you really can’t say for definite until your beta. As a fellow DE graduate, I can’t help but notice that a retrieval of 6 eggs is very low for someone of 21. Was she closely monitored in the period before retrieval?

Nj

We are in New Jersey and using South Jersey fertility. So far they have been great. Our transfer is tomorrow and we are praying that all goes well. As far as the docs. They have been great

Nj

We are in New Jersey and using South Jersey fertility. So far they have been great. Our transfer is tomorrow and we are praying that all goes well. As far as the docs. They have been great. :pray: :cross: :pray:

littlesttiger- I wonder if she ovualted before ER. 6 eggs for someone so you with an antral count of 21 is very odd. Did they give you updates while she was stimming? Did she have more follicles growing before? It just doesn’t sound right.

We used one of the top clinic’s in TX. Their donor egg cycle success rate is 80%. Our donor had 8 follicles that were in the 20mm range on trigger day and had about 10 that were in the 12mm range. She was monitored closely and we received constant updates. We went with a donor who had never done a cycle before because she so closely resembled my family. We had stats on all their donors but went with a newbie anyway. I’m just not sure why this didn’t work.

Transfer day

Did the transfer today. Of the 21 that divided we transferred 1 5AA blast. We have 8 to freeze and possibly more. We will have the final count tomorrow.

Just relaxing at home. Pregnancy test scheduled for 3/13

:pray: :bsv:

Littlesttiger,
Our RE really preferred proven donors. Perhaps you should go with a donor with proven track record. You’d never know how a body would react to stim meds.

De

I’m new at the DE process. I am wondering the same thing. The clinic we are working with states that the DE rates are so high, but I want to make sure I am doing everything to make it work.

Keep us posted and Best Wishes.