Movements in 2 Different Places?

Last night, I felt the baby moving in my left hip and moving in my right rib at the same time. Is she long enough right now to be diagonal? Can she stretch out like that? I thought she only does kicks, jabs, turns, and summersaults. I was always under the impression that she’s curled inside and doesn’t stretch out like that. Is it possible? I just turned 29 weeks.

Oh, it’s totally possible! They stretch and poke and kick and turn and flip and curl and furl and wiggle!

I’m pretty sure my girl spent most of her time trying her darndest to see if she could reach from my nose to my toes at the same time and when she wasn’t doing that, she was using my ribs to push off to do her laps around the pool! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=essemkay]Oh, it’s totally possible! They stretch and poke and kick and turn and flip and curl and furl and wiggle!

I’m pretty sure my girl spent most of her time trying her darndest to see if she could reach from my nose to my toes at the same time and when she wasn’t doing that, she was using my ribs to push off to do her laps around the pool! :)[/QUOTE]

Haha…that’s so cute!

I was starting to worry that I’m imagining these movements. Like the movements in the hips were cramps and not movements. And the movements in the ribs were pinched nerves or something.

No, I’m totally the same way. Now that my LO’s getting bigger, I feel her poke in–no kidding–my right hip and my left bottom rib at the same time. AND I know exactly where she is, because she’s dropped already, so she’s barely even trying to kick me at this point! Their movements are really uncoordinated, so they flail their little limbs all over the place while they’re moving around.

Thanks ladies! You know, first time expectant mom…always oh gosh and jumping at every little thing! :slight_smile:

I have told dh many times that I think I’m carrying an octopus. She likes to dig into my hip bone and my ribs at the same time. I have taken dh’s hand and put it UNDER my boob and said “Feel this hard bump? That’s her butt.” and then moved his hand way down by my pelvic bone and said “This one is her head”. I think it helped him respect what I go through. :smiley:

[QUOTE=Leesh]I have told dh many times that I think I’m carrying an octopus. She likes to dig into my hip bone and my ribs at the same time. I have taken dh’s hand and put it UNDER my boob and said “Feel this hard bump? That’s her butt.” and then moved his hand way down by my pelvic bone and said “This one is her head”. I think it helped him respect what I go through. :D[/QUOTE]

Haha! That’s so funny that you described it as an octopus! I don’t think I could’ve come up with a better illustration!

I know exactly what you’re talking about. Today I literally saw my tummy warped all over the place while I was in the bath. If I didn’t know I was pregnant, it would be totally freaky like in those sci-fi films. :smiley: