Movements In Pelvic Area At 22 Weeks

Hi Ladies,

I’m pregnant with my first and I’m 23 weeks along this week. Since this is my first, I don’t really know what’s normal or not. At 22 weeks, I felt movements in my pelvic area which is still pretty low for 22 weeks right? I’ve also felt movements on the sides of my waist, almost near my back! Is this also normal?

Thanks!

My initial feelings of baby movements were really low too…you probably are feeling baby!!! It is my first too - I started noticing movement at 18weeks few and far between…but make no mistake…that is baby!!! Even now at 25 weeks where I feel the movements varies from day to day…some are super low by my pelvic area and some are high up by my belly button…it just depends on how baby is sitting…yay exciting stuff!

It is totally normal. I’m 29 weeks on Friday, I feel my baby mostly in my pelvic area occasional higher in my Stomach and sides but the Dr said its just where he likes to lay!

The movements on your sides could be the muscles/ligaments that are stretching. Down low and in the front is most likely baby. I started feeling movements (Like bubbles) at about 10 weeks with this baby (10w2d I believe).

[QUOTE=Leesh]The movements on your sides could be the muscles/ligaments that are stretching. Down low and in the front is most likely baby. I started feeling movements (Like bubbles) at about 10 weeks with this baby (10w2d I believe).[/QUOTE]

Me too! I started feeling bubbles very early on and graduated to fluttering by 15 weeks. Friends that were pregnant before me, think I’m crazy for having felt movement of any kind so early on. I guess they’re too small to make any kind of significant movement that we’d be able to feel that early, but I’m adamant that I felt it.

Me too! I felt the bubbles even last week, but at 11 weeks I was sleeping on my stomach and woke up and definitely felt it for about 15 minutes - and no gas came out! I think it’s different the second time around when you know what it feels like already… Another friend felt it around 10-11 weeks as well with #2!

Heather

Like everyone said, perfectly normal. I am 34 weeks, my baby has been carried low my whole pregnancy. Wait until they get bigger, it feels like they are knocking on your girl parts. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Kovach4u]Like everyone said, perfectly normal. I am 34 weeks, my baby has been carried low my whole pregnancy. Wait until they get bigger, it feels like they are knocking on your girl parts. :)[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. Thanks! The baby was very active last night and felt a lot of movements in the pelvic area still.

I guess I can let out a breath of relief since everyone’s saying it’s pretty much normal. Was a tad worried there.

xx