Multiple babies!

Is there anyway of knowing you are having more than one baby besides the first US??? I implanted 2 AA blasts on day 5. 1st Beta was 157, 2nd was 500 and my 3rd was 4,053. I won’t have my first US until 12/27 because of the holiday week. Any insight ladies???

I think beta count is an indicator but U/S is the only way to be sure. I have seen girls with beta count 50 also being pregnant with twins, and mine was 945. That is a big variance, so you see how confusing this can be.

Apart from beta count, somehow I suspected twins because of other reasons before I went for my U/S. My tummy was showing already, I was panting for breath, felt sleepy 24*7. And then of course there was this “feeling”. :slight_smile:

No, there is no way to know until you get the ultrasound. My beta numbers were not especially high, but I am pregnant with twins. I have seen people with crazy high beta numbers who are pregnant with singletons. I also am not experiencing morning sickness, which is usually worse with twins. Just be patient! (Easier said than done, we all know!)

Congrats!! That’s amazing…you must be so excited with a boy and girl. I’m 5w3dp and I’m exhausted all the time. I’m always out of breathe. I wish I knew how “to feel”.

First off…congrats!!! One thing I’ve learned from betas is that twin pregnancies can have low or average betas and singleton pregnancies can have high ones…only a u/s will show for sure :slight_smile: best of luck!

[QUOTE=MsHope12]Congrats!! That’s amazing…you must be so excited with a boy and girl. I’m 5w3dp and I’m exhausted all the time. I’m always out of breathe. I wish I knew how “to feel”.[/QUOTE]
Hey, your pregnancy is confirmed so why not go one step ahead and dream of twins? :slight_smile: Hope your dream comes true!

Oh, about my “feeling”, maybe it was because my RE had said that I had high chances of both embryos taking and having twins since my mom is a twin!

Hi MsHope,
I am convinced there is absolutely no way to tell if you are having multiples from beta numbers because I started with a beta of 50 at 14dpo and I definitely only thought there was one in there because of the low number. Turns out I was wrong, two babies in there! You just never know. Good luck, :pray:ing for your heathly bean/s.

With my initial beta of 2121, I was sure I had at least 2 in there, but our sono today showed just 1 little bean. You never know! :slight_smile:

Girls with higher betas than me ended up with singletons and girls with lower betas than me ended up with twins… so you never can be sure!

Your beta numbers also depends on what dpo they tested you at also.

Good luck!

Im so glad to hear that others are out of breath too! i know im out of shape but geez im not this out of shape! im also secretly hoping for twins, hehe.