Multiple Ivf'ers

Anybody with success after multiple failures? Ivf #3 is a chemical. I’m facing ivf #4. Am I crazy? All expenses are out of pocket.

Yes, I had success after many failures. I don’t think of 3 failures as a lot of failures. Statistically speaking, across all age groups, there is only a 30% chance of success. So, it would make since that more than 3 cycles need to be done for some people.

I had success on my 2nd try when I was 32. After that try, I tried many, many more times. I did 4 more IVFS, 2 IUIs, and had numerous cancelled cycles. I ended up pregnant after another cancelled IVF cycle.

Your success can depend on a lot of things, but I would make sure you are going to absolutely the best IVF clinic you can find. Also, given how many embryos you make, I think it would be very worthwhile to consider genetic testing in your situation. That way, you can know the best embryos to implant. I don’t know if you have thought about going to CCRM, but it seems like it might be a good idea in your situation. They can often push embryos further (in terms of days) and have better quality embryos than other labs, which would allow you the opportunity to do genetic testing.

[QUOTE=houston;n2608737]Yes, I had success after many failures. I don’t think of 3 failures as a lot of failures. Statistically speaking, across all age groups, there is only a 30% chance of success. So, it would make since that more than 3 cycles need to be done for some people.

I had success on my 2nd try when I was 32. After that try, I tried many, many more times. I did 4 more IVFS, 2 IUIs, and had numerous cancelled cycles. I ended up pregnant after another cancelled IVF cycle.

Your success can depend on a lot of things, but I would make sure you are going to absolutely the best IVF clinic you can find. Also, given how many embryos you make, I think it would be very worthwhile to consider genetic testing in your situation. That way, you can know the best embryos to implant. I don’t know if you have thought about going to CCRM, but it seems like it might be a good idea in your situation. They can often push embryos further (in terms of days) and have better quality embryos than other labs, which would allow you the opportunity to do genetic testing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. I wish I could go to CCRM but I’m in Cali. I think we’re going to change clinics and add the testing to our cycle. I agree with you that it could take some 3 or more cycles. I feel I got so close this time.
I can’t believe there are no other multi-ivf’ers out there to offer advice…

I have done five IVF’s. Our last and final one resulted in a successful pregnancy! I am 21 weeks now. The other four were all chemicals, one of which I had to have a D and C as my numbers kept rising but no gestational sac could be seen.

Like you, I had great numbers of eggs retrieved. Strangely, our last cycle was our worst one and with lowest quality eggs as well but was successful. Before you go on to the next IVF you should push for immune testing with your dr, especially because you already have an autoimmune disease, or find a reproductive immunologist to see if there are any underlying issues.

Feel free to message me for more info if you need it.

I’m on IVF#3 as well with it all out of pocket so completely understand the “Am I crazy?!” DH and I made the decision that this is it for us regardless of the results. My beta is on Friday so don’t have much to add. Good luck with your further testing and changing clinics. I felt that this cycle, I really saw a difference by losing weight, adding acupuncture (this was a huge difference), and I take DHEA, CoQ10 and Royal Jelly. Plus I used the Circle and Bloom. At least if it doesn’t work this time, it wasn’t from a lack of trying on my part!!

Susse-thank you for your response and advice. I agree that I should have some immunology testing. I love everything you had to say. I loved most that after all your heartache, you’re 21 weeks. Congrats to you and thank you so much for your response. It’s very inspiring, just what I’m looking for.

Anastasia- good for you for giving it your all for this last shot. I did the coq10, acupuncture, supplements & extra protein for #3 and it all made a big difference except the chemical. I think my dh & I agree that #4 will be our final. Thanks for responding and the well wishes. I am praying for your miracle on Friday. Keep me posted.

Mel, I say your not crazy. A chemical is better than a BFN, at least you know you can get pregnant, for some reason it just didn’t hold on. I had to do 3 before I got my BFP…first resulted in a loss at 12 weeks, second bfn, and third BFP. I am 22 weeks and still a little nervous. Where in Cali are you again? I think you were on one of my boards but I don’t recall exactly where you were! Keep your chin up, you will get what you want eventually!

Jennjack-thank you for your input. It’s nice to know a few of you have gone as far as I have and have succeeded. I’m in central CA. I believe we were on a May forum together. Thank you for the encouragement and congrats on your baby boy!!!

Mel,
How is your thyroid now? Do you know the meds impact your numbers and if your too low it can cause the chemicals. My re was managing my thyroid while I was going through this and was testing me during stims constantly and adjusting as necessary. Your t4 should be less than 2 while ttc. For some reason the signatures were not showing last night and I didn’t see that part.

Jennjack-do you think being too high could have caused the chemical? I was being monitored but felt I was almost t hyper but the re wanted me to stay on my dose of 125 because o all the hormones I was on. I keep questioning maybe I was too high. I was certainly way under 2. My wtf appt is 10/7 and I’m sure the dr is going to try and tell me my tsh didn’t cause it… Ugh
What are your thoughts?

I don’t know if you are willing to travel, but a lot of their patients travel there from all around the world. It is hard, but not as difficult as you might imagine. I traveled there 3 times, which was really difficult, especially with my work, but I really wanted to use them. I am sure there are good Cali clinics, I just am not familiar.