My 16th week with twins,

This is my first time posting in this section, I’ve posted in the IVF section off and on before… there isn’t a multiples section is there?
I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I’m in my 16th week with twins, I’ve had one pregnancy to term before… I am already feeling tightening off and on the last few days in my lower abdomen and I wouldn’t call it “pressure” but strange feeling like a groin ache. I spoke to the Dr. on Saturday and all he said about the tightening was ligament stuff, but doesn’t really feel like that…

I don’t have personal experience with them this early, but I definitely had regular (like every 3-4 minutes) B-H started around 24-26 weeks (with a singleton) that would last for hours on end. I’ve read that you have B-H all along, so I would bet that that could be what this is. Now you probably know what you’re feeling, too. Can you feel your uterus with your hand yet? If you can and it gets hard at the same time, I would think that’s even more evidence. I know you’re only at 16 weeks, but with twins your uterus grows faster, right?

:flower:

I am 30weeks and started getting BH around weeks 27-28. It is like a tightening feeling then slowly releases. It is true that you can get them early on in pregnancy so those may in fact be what you are getting. I know I had horrible ligament pain as well in 2nd trimester and that feeling didn’t go away as easily as the BH did. I can usually keep them at bay by drinking over 100oz of water minimum a day. Sounds like a lot but easy to do in a 12hr day. I know on days that I drink less I get BH sprinkled thru my day.

[QUOTE=searching4answers]This is my first time posting in this section, I’ve posted in the IVF section off and on before… there isn’t a multiples section is there?
I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I’m in my 16th week with twins, I’ve had one pregnancy to term before… I am already feeling tightening off and on the last few days in my lower abdomen and I wouldn’t call it “pressure” but strange feeling like a groin ache. I spoke to the Dr. on Saturday and all he said about the tightening was ligament stuff, but doesn’t really feel like that…[/QUOTE]
There are some multiples boards under "due date buddies"
http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/due-date-buddies/

You might want to write down the times you feel pressure. If they’re at random times, you’re probably ok. Otherwise, call dr’s office.

You also might want to ask the dr or nurse if they can put you on a contraction monitor at your next apt. They can better assess if you’re having contractions and if they are coming at regular intervals (serious) or if they’re random (not as serious). I was told at the dr that women w/ multiples might have a harder time differentiating contractions because their stomachs are
already so tight because they’re filled with babies.

Hi Searching for Answers-

I was wondering if you carried your first baby to term? If you did, then it is really likely that you have a competent cervix and that the Dr. is right and that you are experiencing ligament pain OR you are feeling added pressure from their being twins. If you did not carry your first baby to term, I am wondering if you have had your cervix checked? I am also having twins (but have a super high risk pregnancy due to them being MonoMono…I am 24 weeks…and I have my cervix checked via a transvaginal US every other week (so I know it can be done safely and easily). This might ease your mind. One last thing, I have felt some of what you are describing with my twins and I know that I am not having BH’s–or going into preterm labor–because of having my cervix checked–I am chalking it up to the fact that when the babies change position, it causes pressure and discomfort.

Hope this helps!

Kimmy