My 1st ultrasound at 5w6d but no HB

Hi ladies,
I went in for my first ultrasound yesterday. RE saw a yolk sac but no fetal pole or HB. He said everything looks great and this is exactly what they see at this stage. I was perfectly fine with that response until I got on the internet and saw that most ladies see a HB by their first US. My RN said my RE always brings in his patients early to check for ectopic and over 90% of his patients don’t see a HB on the first US. I’m going back next Wednesday but would love to know when you ladies saw your first HB.

Thank you so much.

I responded in the other thread, but let me just say again that it is completely normal. The heart doesn’t start until 6-6.5 weeks. :grouphug:

Your RE’s right, those who see a HB at their first u/s are usually having it at 6 weeks+. Congratulations! :slight_smile:

ETA: Here’s a cool site where you can see scans from each week. Ultrasound Sonogram Scans week by week first trimester month 1 2 3 months weeks 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 early scan - Baby2see

Thanks Mary and backrow. OMG It’s like I’m looking for an excuse to worry and cry. It that a pregnancy symptom. LOL.

Yes, that is totally normal. Most women see a heartbeat at their first ultrasounds, but most women have their ultrasounds later than you did! My RE does the first ultrasound at around 6 1/2 weeks, which is when you can expect to see a heartbeat. You have reason to be concerned if the embryo is over 5 mm and there is still no heartbeat. They typically are that size at 6 weeks, 5 days.

Congrats on being :preg:! I hope everything goes well.

[quote=Laurucha]Yes, that is totally normal. Most women see a heartbeat at their first ultrasounds, but most women have their ultrasounds later than you did! My RE does the first ultrasound at around 6 1/2 weeks, which is when you can expect to see a heartbeat. You have reason to be concerned if the embryo is over 5 mm and there is still no heartbeat. They typically are that size at 6 weeks, 5 days.

Congrats on being :preg:! I hope everything goes well.[/quote]
Thank you Laurucha, and congrats on being preggo with twins.

[quote=BackRow]Your RE’s right, those who see a HB at their first u/s are usually having it at 6 weeks+. Congratulations! :slight_smile:

ETA: Here’s a cool site where you can see scans from each week. Ultrasound Sonogram Scans week by week first trimester month 1 2 3 months weeks 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 early scan - Baby2see[/quote]
Oh and thanks for the site and good luck on your us tomorrow.

My friend just went through this last week! She was in a panic about not seeing the HB at 5wk6d but this past Monday exactly a week later she saw the most beautiful little babe with a strong flickering HB! CONGRATS on your pregnancy!

Thank you so much for sharing that. Good luck on your FET in May. I hope you get a :bfp: in 2012. :cross::cross::cross: