My Story, advise/tips/help please :)

Hi Everyone,
I have been stalking this website for a few months now and I have learned so much from all of you. Think it’s time I share my story. I have never really shared this with anyone as I was embarrased, and I kept pretending things were okay. So here goes:
I have been married for 5 and a half years. I would notice that when we did have sex, he was not ejaculating inside me. I couldn’t understand because he was able to do it outside of me. Finally we went to a doctor and he mentioned my husband’s veins were enlarged and he had a varicocele and so he did a varicocelectomy. Still till today, it is very very very rare that he is able to ejactulate inside of me. But at least he doesnt feel any discomfort as he did have before the surgery.
Now you can imagine how tiring and frustrating this is for both of us, especially wanting to have a baby. I have tried almost a year and a half to try and have a healthy sex life but him not being able to finish inside me has it made it so difficult for us both. I try not to pressure him, but I am 31 (almost 32) and he’s already 33. I went for a full check up recently…While waiting for him to sort out his issues, I have developed PCOS on both of my ovaries. So now we both have some sort of problem with trying to conceive.

I have been on 150mg of clomid on day 2 - day 6 of my cycle since April. This July would make it 3 months. My husband and I have been doing at home insem (he ejaculates in the cup, and we insert it using a syringe) - have tried for two cycles and no luck. July will be our 3rd time trying. To be honest, I am not even convinced myself that at home insem will work, as I now too have PCOS.

Last week I have had the HSG done and luckily, both tubes are clear. I went in for an ultrasound on day 11 as doctor said if there was big enough follicles/an egg she would give me a shot. But there was nothing :frowning: She herself was disappointed too.

I really would love to get pregnant but the stress or enjoyment of sex is so hard especially when my husband is not able to successfully ejaculate inside me and then the added pressure of being polycystic is really getting me down.

Just hoping that all the stars align for me soon and I manage to conceive.

Just needed to share it with someone because I think I’m about to go crazy soon!

She suggests moving onto injectibles as clomid has not been successful.

Any ideas, tips, help…please reply me. Im lost and confused…and feel horrible.

I am really sorry of your struggle with infertility

Have you had your FSH checked? is a blood test to measure the amount of follicle stimulating hormone. High levels of FSH may indicate poor ovarian reserves. In layman’s terms, it means that the quantity and quality of eggs is low. Which is my problem :grr:
Good luck to you!

I don’t have any advice but I wanted to let you know I am :pray: for you and your husband. I know that this must be difficult for you.

My dh has the same problem. But when he can ejaculate on his own, it’s a very small amount. Turns out he has cavd. Not sure if that’s something that may be the issue for you.

I don’t have much sperm whenever ejaculation either; however, i still have 2 kids. That’s why i don’t think there is any problem with the quantity…Otherwise, the quality is much more important, have you ever tried some new positions yet? It might be helpful…somehow…

My friend is pcos and clomid didnt work for her.plus clomid makes lining thinner. However, after the inject of gonal every other day ( I dont know how many), they had timed intercourse and she got +. I have to say that her husband is ok.
Why dont you try iui?

QUOTE=jaan613]Hi Everyone,
I have been stalking this website for a few months now and I have learned so much from all of you. Think it’s time I share my story. I have never really shared this with anyone as I was embarrased, and I kept pretending things were okay. So here goes:
I have been married for 5 and a half years. I would notice that when we did have sex, he was not ejaculating inside me. I couldn’t understand because he was able to do it outside of me. Finally we went to a doctor and he mentioned my husband’s veins were enlarged and he had a varicocele and so he did a varicocelectomy. Still till today, it is very very very rare that he is able to ejactulate inside of me. But at least he doesnt feel any discomfort as he did have before the surgery.
Now you can imagine how tiring and frustrating this is for both of us, especially wanting to have a baby. I have tried almost a year and a half to try and have a healthy sex life but him not being able to finish inside me has it made it so difficult for us both. I try not to pressure him, but I am 31 (almost 32) and he’s already 33. I went for a full check up recently…While waiting for him to sort out his issues, I have developed PCOS on both of my ovaries. So now we both have some sort of problem with trying to conceive.

I have been on 150mg of clomid on day 2 - day 6 of my cycle since April. This July would make it 3 months. My husband and I have been doing at home insem (he ejaculates in the cup, and we insert it using a syringe) - have tried for two cycles and no luck. July will be our 3rd time trying. To be honest, I am not even convinced myself that at home insem will work, as I now too have PCOS.

Last week I have had the HSG done and luckily, both tubes are clear. I went in for an ultrasound on day 11 as doctor said if there was big enough follicles/an egg she would give me a shot. But there was nothing :frowning: She herself was disappointed too.

I really would love to get pregnant but the stress or enjoyment of sex is so hard especially when my husband is not able to successfully ejaculate inside me and then the added pressure of being polycystic is really getting me down.

Just hoping that all the stars align for me soon and I manage to conceive.

Just needed to share it with someone because I think I’m about to go crazy soon!

She suggests moving onto injectibles as clomid has not been successful.

Any ideas, tips, help…please reply me. Im lost and confused…and feel horrible.[/QUOTE]

Glad you shared your story

Hello,

I am glad you decided to share your story. I think everyone struggling with infertility deals with some level of embarrassment no matter what the issue is. Especially in a society that makes it seem like people drink tap water and end up with twins!

First off, I really do think the stars will align for you and your husband and you will be able to have a baby. It is more a matter of how long it will take and how many loop holes you will have to go through, but I do believe it will happen for you. The wait is just really hard.

Do you have insurance that covers an IUI? I think this would be much better than doing it at home on your own. Also, are you seeing a reproductive endocrinologist? My RE said that at the clinic I go to 85% of people are pregnant within their first four months of treatment (I am in month one of treatment with this RE so I am hoping to be part of the 85%).

It is not uncommon for clomid not to produce any viable follicles. I was on 100mg in April and at my cycle day 12 ultrasound my biggest follicle was only 6mm (It need to be 18mm to be viable). Sometimes follicles continue to grow so it doesn’t necessarily mean this cycle is over for you. Also, I have worked with 2 REs (due to switching insurances I had to switch RE). Both have put me on a medicine (first RE it was clomid, second RE it was letrozole) and done a “step-up” method. That means they put you back on the medicine without inducing a period in the same cycle to continue the follicles growing (so you would start back on the clomid again this week and have another ultrasound in a week to see if the “double dose” helped. Also, letrozole may work better for you than clomid. Letrozole does not thin the uterine lining like clomid does. I would recommend seeing a RE first and foremost if you have not done that yet. I think that will greatly increase your chances of conceiving sooner.

I wish you the best of luck. I am so glad you were able to share you story. You will have your shot at motherhood…the wait is just so hard.

Best,

J