Natural Conception vs Starting IUI

I posted this in the IUI section, but it seems like most have already done IUI.

Hey guys,

I was hoping to get some advice from you all. I just had lap surgery on 4/5/13 and doc found stage 3 endo and cysts. We did day 3 b/w (FSH, Prolactin, Progesterone) on Saturday and the results came back today. FSH was at 15.5 which I know is not good. RE says I can try naturally for a month or do Ultrasound, HCG trigger, and IUI. He really didn’t give me a clear cut answer of what was best to do. OBGYN wants me to get pregnant in the next 3-6 months, before endo starts to rear its ugly head again. I had stage 3 in a year and a half after stopping depo. I also didn’t know if depo can cause a high FSH because it kind of puts you in menopause. I know it takes awhile to get out of your system. You can look at my signature from trying Clomid for quite a few months. I ovulated, but :bfn: . I’m trying to better understand what’s happening with my body and was feeling very sad today about it.

Thanks in advance for your response!

Hi! If you don’t mind me asking, how old are you? and Are you using OPK? The reason is because if you are 35 or older, you may want to start sooner. Also, your timing could be off if you are not using the OPK. I would def recommend doing the trigger with IUI too since it precisely times ovulation. From what I understand, Clomid only helps you ovulate. So if you do ovulate, it is helpful to do the trigger and IUI too. I hope that helps and good luck! :slight_smile:

[SIZE=3][B][FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’]ExDepoUser[/FONT][/B][FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’] – I’d suggest medicated cycles with timed intercourse or IUI. Of course include monitoring of your follicle growth and a trigger shot. I suggest timed intercourse bc IUI isn’t really needed if your DH sperm is great. We had two BFP with medicated timed intercourse cycles. It’s defiantly possible. Best wishes! [/FONT][/SIZE]