Natural FET Help

Hello Ladies,
I am currently attempting a natural FET. I am tracking ovulation with OPKs at home and blood testing and ultrasound at the clinic. As of today, it seems that I have a large (19mm) follicle and estrogen 102, so I will probably ovulate in the next 2 or 3 days.
Here is my question: how did your doctor decide when to do your ET for a natural FET?
I have 5 day embryos, so I assumed that my doctor would schedule my ET 5 days after ovulation (which is about 6 or 7 days after +OPK or LH surge.) However, today, the nurse told me that they would track my progesterone levels and wait until they peak before scheduling the transfer. I don’t really trust my clinic (but must stick with them for financial reasons.) I think this sounds really suspicious, and I think they are just trying to avoid having to do my ET during the weekend. How did your docts decide when to do your ET for a natural FET?
Thanks.

[QUOTE=drmama]Hello Ladies,
I am currently attempting a natural FET. I am tracking ovulation with OPKs at home and blood testing and ultrasound at the clinic. As of today, it seems that I have a large (19mm) follicle and estrogen 102, so I will probably ovulate in the next 2 or 3 days.
Here is my question: how did your doctor decide when to do your ET for a natural FET?
I have 5 day embryos, so I assumed that my doctor would schedule my ET 5 days after ovulation (which is about 6 or 7 days after +OPK or LH surge.) However, today, the nurse told me that they would track my progesterone levels and wait until they peak before scheduling the transfer. I don’t really trust my clinic (but must stick with them for financial reasons.) I think this sounds really suspicious, and I think they are just trying to avoid having to do my ET during the weekend. How did your docts decide when to do your ET for a natural FET?
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I did a successful Natural FET and I actually forced ovulation with Ovidril (hcg trigger shot). I triggered on Saturday, ovulated on Sunday, and had my 6 day old embies transferred 6 days later, on Saturday. My Dr explained to my that it is really important to time the transfer appropriately and if the embies are 5 days old, the transfer should happen 5 days after ovulation.

The other thing to consider is your luteal phase length, you want to give the embies enough time to implant before your body triggers a period. My transfer happened on cycle day 21, and my cycles are 28-29 days, so I had a full week for implantation and hcg to build up to keep my progesterone stable. A steep drop in progesterone triggers your period.

You are right to question your Dr, I would demand the transfer happen 5 days after ovulation. My transfer happened on a Saturday, the day before Easter Sunday. They shouldn’t have a problem with a weekend transfer, fertility is not always predictable.

Also, not sure if you will be taking progesterone and estrogen supplementation, but I did not and am currently 12 weeks pg, so it is not necessary if you ovulate.

Good luck! :bsv: :bsv: