Natural FET Success Stories

Hi! I just had a failed medicated FET, and we are getting ready to try again in September / October 2013.
One thing that bothered me about the medicated route is that I couldn’t support the pregnancy without the medication…
But my RE seems to feel that natural FET would have a lower chance of success, at least for me.
I was wondering if any of you would have successful natural FET protocols that you would like to share with me? I’ll probably end up going medicated, but I’d like to have a good grasp of my options… Thanks!

So sorry about your failed cycle, glad to see you are moving forward.

I am currently 9 weeks pregnant after a natural FET. We have male factor infertility, I have regular 28 day cycles and ovulate every month. This is the only reason my RE allowed me to attempt a natural FET. The process was simple, minimal medications. Cycle day 1 was the first day of my period. I got baseline blood work on CD4 and a saline Sono on CD6. After that I went in about 4 times to monitor my blood and follicle growth. You must ovulate to produce your own hormones to maintain a pregnancy. Once I had a mature follicle, I took Ovidril injection to trigger ovulation. RE wanted to do this to force ovulation so he could time the transfer appropriately. 6 days after ovulation I had my ET (transferred 6 day old blasts). The day before transfer I started 4 days of prednisone, the day of transfer I took a prescription strength Motrin and a Valium. That was it in terms of medication. After that, my hormones were monitored via blood work every 4 days, and on the 13th day after transfer I received my beta test which was positive. I am NOT taking any supplements, just prenatal vitamins.

My progesterone and estrogen were never that high, before transfer it was 8, after transfer and even now, it is averaging 13. Estrogen was around 100 before transfer and it was 490 last week. However, my lining was great with a triple line, my body just didnt need a lot of hormones to get the job done. I seriously believe that some REs over medicate and super high prog and est can hinder not help the process.

I would see if your RE would be willing to do a test run a couple months before you plan your next cycle. He can monitor your hormones and follicle growth, just to see if you could be a candidate for natural FET. One more big factor is your luteal phase needs to be in a normal range. I ovulated on CD15 and My transfer was on CD21 so I had a week for implantation to occur and HCG to be released before my body would trigger my next period.

Hoping for the best for you on your next cycle! :flower:

Thanks so much for the info!

[QUOTE=aprilannette22]So sorry about your failed cycle, glad to see you are moving forward.

I am currently 9 weeks pregnant after a natural FET. We have male factor infertility, I have regular 28 day cycles and ovulate every month. This is the only reason my RE allowed me to attempt a natural FET. The process was simple, minimal medications. Cycle day 1 was the first day of my period. I got baseline blood work on CD4 and a saline Sono on CD6. After that I went in about 4 times to monitor my blood and follicle growth. You must ovulate to produce your own hormones to maintain a pregnancy. Once I had a mature follicle, I took Ovidril injection to trigger ovulation. RE wanted to do this to force ovulation so he could time the transfer appropriately. 6 days after ovulation I had my ET (transferred 6 day old blasts). The day before transfer I started 4 days of prednisone, the day of transfer I took a prescription strength Motrin and a Valium. That was it in terms of medication. After that, my hormones were monitored via blood work every 4 days, and on the 13th day after transfer I received my beta test which was positive. I am NOT taking any supplements, just prenatal vitamins.

My progesterone and estrogen were never that high, before transfer it was 8, after transfer and even now, it is averaging 13. Estrogen was around 100 before transfer and it was 490 last week. However, my lining was great with a triple line, my body just didnt need a lot of hormones to get the job done. I seriously believe that some REs over medicate and super high prog and est can hinder not help the process.

I would see if your RE would be willing to do a test run a couple months before you plan your next cycle. He can monitor your hormones and follicle growth, just to see if you could be a candidate for natural FET. One more big factor is your luteal phase needs to be in a normal range. I ovulated on CD15 and My transfer was on CD21 so I had a week for implantation to occur and HCG to be released before my body would trigger my next period.

Hoping for the best for you on your next cycle! :flower:[/QUOTE]

I really appreciate your response. My cycles haven’t been too regular, and my lining has never been great without help, so I think we’ll go medicated again. But now I know better what to ask the doc about when we see him.
Thanks again!
And may the next months be a time of blessing and ever more blessing for you and your family!