Need help choosing IVF clinic...HELP!

Hi guys, I’m new to the site but have visited often looking for answers. I want to thanks ya for opening up and share ya experiences. It have been very helpful!

My Hb and I have been trying for 1 1/2 years but no luck. We had 4 rounds of clomids with my OB-GYN, then she referred us to Houston IVF. There we did 1 round of clomids IUI, and 1 round of injectable IUI, all no luck. It’s soooo frustrating not knowing why we can’t conceive! not to mention costly!!! Hb thinks we should save money for IVF, no more IUI, and I agreed with him.

Now we’re looking for IVF Clinic that cost less than Houston IVF (their is above $13,000). Have anyone have their IVF done at Cooper Institute? What’s ya experience there like? Did you get BFP and how many try? How much did you end up paying? Anyone familiar with Houston Fertility Institute? I saw on their web-page that they offer Financial Assurance Plan (says: they’re firmly behind each IVF cycle, if you do not become pregnant during the first cycle, your second fresh cycle and all subsequent fresh cycles is FREE of all HFI physician fees) Anyone familiar with that? What about Houston Fertility Center? We’re at a lost… and really need ya reviews.

Could you please let me know which clinic you have your IVF done, BFP? and how many try? We are paying out of pocket, how did ya pay for the procedure… financing…loan…are there grants that will help with some of the cost?

We are even considering going to Thailand or Vietnam for IVF? Anyone have info on those places? Anything would help at this point…Thanks ya

I use Reproductive Care Dallas in the Dallas area and love them. They charge $6,500 for ivf, plus meds. they also use winfertility which will save a little bit as well. They have great stats and all the doctors are great. I am going for my egg retrieval this morning! I just saved up for my cycle. I know people who have used Compassionate Care which helps reduce the cost of the meds but its based on income.

Hi, if you post more info about your age and evaluation/work-up to date, then you may get better advice about the most efficient use of your funds. I personally love Houston IVF and had a great experience, but we had insurance that covered most of our treatments.

I would also like more information about your age and reasons for doing IVF (if known). I have not used Cooper, but I have read horror stories about them. I believe there is one woman on this board, but it might be another I am on, that had a retrieval botched really badly.

Houston Fertility Institute is great. They are about $11k total. The great thing about them is they waive many fees if you ever need any subsequent cycles because the first one didn’t work. It’s about $6000 for a subsequent cycle. They have good success rates. *I personally think they are the best clinic in Houston.

I would look at SART and compare success rates before choosing anyone.

I don’t know about traveling internationally for IVF. *I think timing would be difficult. I also think you have to be really careful because the standard of care in some countries may not be up to par with the US.

Hi everyone, thanks to the advise I have added more information.

I’m new to the site but have visited often looking for answers. I want to thanks ya for opening up and share ya experiences. It have been very helpful!

My Hb and I have been trying for 1 1/2 years but no luck. We had 4 rounds of clomids with my OB-GYN, then she referred us to Houston IVF. There we did 1 round of clomids IUI, and 1 round of injectable IUI, all no luck. It’s soooo frustrating not knowing why we can’t conceive! not to mention costly!!! Hb thinks we should save money for IVF, no more IUI, and I agreed with him.

Now we’re looking for IVF Clinic that cost less than Houston IVF (their is above $13,000). Have anyone have their IVF done at Cooper Institute? What’s ya experience there like? Did you get BFP and how many try? How much did you end up paying? Anyone familiar with Houston Fertility Institute? I saw on their web-page that they offer Financial Assurance Plan (says: they’re firmly behind each IVF cycle, if you do not become pregnant during the first cycle, your second fresh cycle and all subsequent fresh cycles is FREE of all HFI physician fees) Anyone familiar with that? What about Houston Fertility Center? We’re at a lost… and really need ya reviews.

Could you please let me know which clinic you have your IVF done, BFP? and how many try? We are paying out of pocket, how did ya pay for the procedure… financing…loan…are there grants that will help with some of the cost?

We are even considering going to Thailand or Vietnam for IVF? Anyone have info on those places? Anything would help at this point…Thanks ya

Me: 27, checkout fine
DH: 27, fine
TTC 1+ years
10/2012 progesterone 0.6
11/2012 Clomids #1… good progesterone level- 53.3 :bfn:
12/2012 Clomids #2… good progesterone level- 45.1 :bfn:
1/2013 Hysterogram: HSG, uterus looks normal, both tubes are open. :clap:
1/2013- Clomids #3… good progesterone level- 32.4 :bfn: :grr:
2/2013- progesterone 3.3 (did not ovulate):grr:
3/2013- HOUSTON IVF Clomids IUI,:bfn:
4/2013- HOUSTON IVF Injectable IUI, :bfn:
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

[QUOTE=hlaine]I use Reproductive Care Dallas in the Dallas area and love them. They charge $6,500 for ivf, plus meds. they also use winfertility which will save a little bit as well. They have great stats and all the doctors are great. I am going for my egg retrieval this morning! I just saved up for my cycle. I know people who have used Compassionate Care which helps reduce the cost of the meds but its based on income.[/QUOTE]

Hi Hlaine, they sound great, but are far, do you know if they have another clinic in the Houston area? Let me know how everything go… sending you babydust :babydust:

[QUOTE=houston]I would also like more information about your age and reasons for doing IVF (if known). I have not used Cooper, but I have read horror stories about them. I believe there is one woman on this board, but it might be another I am on, that had a retrieval botched really badly.

Houston Fertility Institute is great. They are about $11k total. The great thing about them is they waive many fees if you ever need any subsequent cycles because the first one didn’t work. It’s about $6000 for a subsequent cycle. They have good success rates. *I personally think they are the best clinic in Houston.

I would look at SART and compare success rates before choosing anyone.

I don’t know about traveling internationally for IVF. *I think timing would be difficult. I also think you have to be really careful because the standard of care in some countries may not be up to par with the US.[/QUOTE]

Hi, at Houston IVF the Re just said that we fall under Unexplained Infertility. Frustrating not knowing the reason. Are you currently with HFI? Whose your doctor? I’m not sure what’s SART but will look into that. Thank you!

Me: 27, checkout fine
DH: 27, fine
TTC 1+ years
10/2012 progesterone 0.6
11/2012 Clomids #1… good progesterone level- 53.3 BFN
12/2012 Clomids #2… good progesterone level- 45.1 BFN
1/2013 Hysterogram: HSG, uterus looks normal, both tubes are open.
1/2013- Clomids #3… good progesterone level- 32.4 BFN
2/2013- progesterone 3.3 (did not ovulate)
3/2013- HOUSTON IVF Clomids IUI, BFN
4/2013- HOUSTON IVF Injectable IUI, BFN

[QUOTE=Hopeful1234]Hi Hlaine, they sound great, but are far, do you know if they have another clinic in the Houston area? Let me know how everything go… sending you babydust :babydust:[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately they don’t have a clinic in Houston, but figured they are closer than Thailand! You can do most of the monitoring at your local OBGYN.