NEED HELP PLEASE......EPP Protocol and Dectecting LH Surge

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Happy New Years Ladies!!![/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Wouldn’t you know it that even on today IF can still in the back of our minds. I am currently doing my 5th IVF cycle which will be the EPP Protocol. Once of the significant phases is detecting your LH surge. I have just come off of 5 weeks straight of BCP’s so knew that this might be a little screwy but I think I screwed it up all on my own. Here is my dilemma that I am in need of input on:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]In an effort to include DH is this cycle I let him go out a purchase the OPK. He was with me when I purchased the last kit so I figured he knew what to get. He did purchase the Clear Blue Easy daily kit but purchased the sticks where you wait for the 2 pink lines but then have to determine if the line is the same color or darker then the reference line to determine surge.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]CD10 2 lines both similar in color possible LH surge (1 day before they told me to start testing)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]CD11 Negative test line significantly lighter than ref line[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]CD 12 Same as day 12. Feel 2 sharp twinges in the area of my ovary think that I have “O”[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]CD 13 2 lines again similar in color possible LH surge. I’m confused at this point so I contact RE who has be come in for bloodwork[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]CD14 Same as Daye 11 & 12. RE calls as said that LH is coming down and at 8.0 and Prog was 20 so indicates that CD 10 would have been my surge[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]CD15 Same as 11, 12 & 14 and CM is detected[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]CD16 2 lines that pop up right away same color intensity. Could this really be my surge since the lines are actually darker than CD 10 and CD 13 even DH says it is darker.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]RE offices are closed today so I will be calling them first thing tomorrow in hopes that they are open. They will probably think I am nuts but I really don’t want this cycle to be a bust but I don’t want to have to wait another month to start all over again.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Does anyone know what would happen if I begin my patches next week as I was advised per RE based n CD10 as my surge date? If I start the patches based upon my LH surge today then I wouldn’t be starting until 10 days from now. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]I am so upset right now and didn’t think this would be how I would be spending today.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]I can’t imagine there are many ladies on the boards today but if so and you can lend a word of advice I would greatly appreciate it. [/SIZE][/FONT]

Hi,

I don’t have the answer for you but just glad you are back. You were Mia after the cyst thing.

I will be doing EPP for the first time later this month thanks partially to you. My re originally wanted me to start last cycle but I don’t recall him monitoring my surge. They just told me come in 21 days after my af ended. That’s no good especially since I ovulated on cd 11 last month. hummmmm. I am curious to see what responses you get.

Good luck and welcome back.

Alicia.

Hi Sunrise,

I have definitiely been MIA but have been lurking.
Glad to see that you are moving forward with a new protocol. I was on BCP for 5 weeks so still not 100% sure that the cysts are gone yet.

There are various versions of the this protocol estrace vs. patches and not all of them require you to detect your surge. Not sure the significance of it all which is why I posted the question so I am interetsed as well on what responses if any I receive.

You may want to talk to your RE about your specific protocol to make sure you are armed with all the necessary information in need.

If for some reason I’m not able to move forward this cycle this its highly possible we will be cycle buddies for a Feb cycle.

Good luck to you.

Bumping thread

I’m sorry you are going through this. I wish I had a good answer for you but I don’t. I am about to begin an FET cycle and I am nervous that I am not on lupron this cycle. Your situation makes me more nervous. I go in on Wed and will be finding out my exact protocol. Not sure if they will ask me to monitor surge, but I think I will just in case.

Your situation sounds very confusing to me. If you have already Oed what will happen?? Good luck to you, I hope some ladies can give you input.

Hi Kandygurl,
I remember you from another EPP/DOR thread… Glad to see you cycling again, and we seem to be on pretty much the exact same schedule at the same clinic (although I’m doing MDL with EPP). In answer to your question, my inclination would be that a progesterone of 20 would be highly suggestive that you already ovulated. I’m not sure why the OPKs looked positive the last couple of days (and I definitely do like the smiley face vs. circle for it’s relative certainty!) but I’d be surprised if you had a prog. of 20 before you ovulated. The Cornell folks should be back in the office tomorrow to give you a better answer, but I know I too hate the waiting! Good luck!

Thanks Boston I decided over the holidays (RE wasn’t open yesterday) to just roll with the start date given to me based on my bloodwork last week and let the chips fall where they may. Worse case scenario is that I get pushed back a month if they found something out of wack at my baseline. If that happens I will definitely be using the digital OPK next time.

Although I am doing the Cornell EPP I am actually cycling here in IL but was able to get them to use this protocol which helped produce my DS.

Looks like we will be cycle buddies. Lets both pray that this is our time.

Good luck