Need opinions 14 DPO beta

HI everyone

I’m not sure if anyone remembers me. I was here awhile ago and found a lot of support in the forum while conceiving my beautiful daughter who is nine months old now.

We have decided to attempt to conceive number 2, and were SHOCKED when our FIRST IUI attempt of this cycle worked and I am currently pregnant.

However, my RE called with my Beta results from today and they were only 43 at 14 dpiui.

I’ve had a m/c before, and I feel I’m headed there again. For my pregnancy with my daughter I only got a beta draw on 16dpiui and the number was 1700! This is so much lower, I can’t imagine it ending positively.

Anyone have any input? I hope to be back on the forums again while TTC #2 (actually, I hope this one sticks!)

Thanks all

BOOBOO

1700 at 16dpiui seems REALLY high, booboo.
But if it helps at all, at 14dpiui, I had a 25. 25 is considered the top of “equivocal” - 43 is definitely in the “pregnant” range.

Oh, and I’m now 10 1/2 weeks pregnant, with two solid ultrasounds behind me. My third beta was 227 - and at that point they scheduled the u/s and stopped taking betas.

So, I wouldn’t worry at 43. I’d worry if it doesn’t go up well, but I wouldn’t worry at 43. Seriously.

Good luck! Keep us updated!

Welcome back. :slight_smile:

I don’t necessarily think that number is too low. A friend of mine has twins, and her 14dpo beta number was 47. :wink:

Hang in there…

Thanks! I really appreciate it. I guess I just assumed since I had such crazy high betas with my daughter that maybe I was someone who excreted a lot of HCG or something so I assumed this COULDN’T be OK. But I have no idea if people have similar HCG patterns amongst multiple pregnancies, because, well, I’ve only had one successful pregnancy so far!

I am just really out of the infertility loop! I was so good at waiting and being patient before! (ok, not that good)

And I agree 1600 is super high. Trust me, I had my fair share of freaking out about that too! I googled “molar pregnancy” more times than I are to admit. But happily, my suspected molar is crawling around my floor right now, and I couldn’t be more grateful.

I guess I should have said that I got BFP at 11dpiui in the evening. It was verrryyy faint, but definitely there. i guess i thought that it would be a higher beta by now because of that, but maybe not.

booboo9595 - See my siggy. I have had both a first beta of 17 and 37. The first one ended badly, the second one ended great. Also, I both betas fairly early on. A low beta isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Ultimately what matters most is that subsequent betas double within the allotted time period. :cross: for you and sending lots of :bsv: your way.

Try to relax because at the moment you ARE indeed pregnant.

thanks Gambler. I’m trying just to relax this weekend, will definitely update everyone on Monday :slight_smile:

Always remember you can’t go by the first beta number. The doubling is what matters. Maybe you implanted later and its just starting out. Goodluck!! :cross: :cross:

[QUOTE=missingmy#2]Always remember you can’t go by the first beta number. The doubling is what matters. Maybe you implanted later and its just starting out. Goodluck!! :cross: :cross:[/QUOTE]

Thanks missing my#2. I know you’re right, it’s just so hard to be logical in the middle of these things.

[QUOTE=booboo9595]Thanks missing my#2. I know you’re right, it’s just so hard to be logical in the middle of these things.[/QUOTE]

Totally understandable. I would be the same way as you if i was in your shoes. hugs

Just got my beta results back. It’s now at 153. It was 43 last Friday. I put it in a calculator and it was a doubling time of 39 hours. I’m still not feeling that optimistic just because it’s so much lower than my healthy pregnancy and I had a blighted ovum before that got all the way up to 5000. But I guess I’m still :preg: for now.

[QUOTE=booboo9595]Just got my beta results back. It’s now at 153. It was 43 last Friday. I put it in a calculator and it was a doubling time of 39 hours. I’m still not feeling that optimistic just because it’s so much lower than my healthy pregnancy and I had a blighted ovum before that got all the way up to 5000. But I guess I’m still :preg: for now.[/QUOTE]

But it DID double between 36-72 hours. Don’t lose hope just yet. :grouphug:

[QUOTE=booboo9595]Just got my beta results back. It’s now at 153. It was 43 last Friday. I put it in a calculator and it was a doubling time of 39 hours. I’m still not feeling that optimistic just because it’s so much lower than my healthy pregnancy and I had a blighted ovum before that got all the way up to 5000. But I guess I’m still :preg: for now.[/QUOTE]

That is a great doubling!! WOOHOO! Don’t compare a previous pregnancy to another pregnancy. They are all different. I understand guarding your heart. But i think you are ok! :cross:

Thanks missing my#2. My RE has me going for another blood test on Thursday, so I’ll let y’all know if I manage to keep up the doubling. Trying to be optimistic, but cautiously so :cross:

Just got my third beta back. My last one was on Monday and it was 154. Today it was 444. Doubling time of about 47 hours. Still don’t feel confident at all. UGHH.

[QUOTE=booboo9595]Just got my third beta back. My last one was on Monday and it was 154. Today it was 444. Doubling time of about 47 hours. Still don’t feel confident at all. UGHH.[/QUOTE]

Doubling time slows the further you get. You are still within the normal doubling times. 24-72 hours is normal. So i think you are a-ok :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=missingmy#2]Doubling time slows the further you get. You are still within the normal doubling times. 24-72 hours is normal. So i think you are a-ok :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I really really appreciate your confidence and faith when I find it so hard to have myself. :flower:

48 [U]to 72[/U] hours is normal for hcg levels lower than 1200, you’re speedier than that. I think you’re good!

booboo9595 - Congrats. I’m going to suggest being optimistic. The bottom line is at this moment you are PREGNANT. Try to remain positive and relax. Stressing yourself out will NOT be good for the pregnancy. And I’m sending lots of sticky vibes your way.

Update: Hcg at 23dpiui is 1150. Doubling time of 59 hours. Not sure how to feel about that doubling time.