need support

Today is my 6th day in IVF, I went back for bloodwork/ultrasound in the early morning. doc told me I only have poor response to meds, there are only 3 eggs there. he asked me come back to check 2 days later to see if any possible to cancel the cycle. My nurse just call me my Estrogen level is low only 45, Fsh is high, what does it mean?
:grr:

I’m sorry you are going through this. What protocol are you doing? I just experienced the same thing, but worse – at day 6, I had ZERO response to the maximum stim dose. However, by day 9 I had 3 follicles. We went through with the ER and we got 4 eggs, 3 of which were mature. I ended up doing a 5 day transfer of a blastocyst and a morula.

Don’t give up hope yet – your body may just be slow to respond like mine is, and all it takes is 1 good embryo.

Good luck!!

-Sarah

I had the same thing happen to me on the long lupron protocol only my estrogen was even lower than yours. I ended up cancelling my cycle because RE said I could keep going if I wanted but that I would have a better chance if I started over without using the lupron and BCP. I did the next cycle with antagonist/estrogen priming and had 15 eggs retrieved and because I didn’t complete the entire first IVF cycle I was only out the cost of the meds used and 1800 for my clinic so probably around 5000 instead of 15000.

incompletefamily: :thankyou:for sharing
Sarah: :thankyou:You really give me some hope. I was on BCP for 28 days, then Lupron 20 Units twice a day, from the 3rd day, add 450 Gonal f, and 150 Menopur. My doc did not change my meds so far. I do not know if the BCP oversupressed, I have never used it before. [URL=“http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/member.php?u=172346”]:babydust: for you
[/URL]

[quote=mandymmdd]incompletefamily: :thankyou:for sharing
Sarah: :thankyou:You really give me some hope. I was on BCP for 28 days, then Lupron 20 Units twice a day, from the 3rd day, add 450 Gonal f, and 150 Menopur. My doc did not change my meds so far. I do not know if the BCP oversupressed, I have never used it before. [URL=“http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/member.php?u=172346”]:babydust: for you
[/URL][/quote]
Mandy- sounds like you should try either the Microdose Lupron flare protocol (what I did) or the antagonist protocol. I am kind of suprised your doc started with long lupron with your age and you said your FSH was high, I would think they would automatically go straight to one of the other protocols which work better for people who are proven to be or expected to be low/poor responders.

Good luck!

what I can do? maybe just wait and pray for it. Thank you

Looks like you are on lupron flair or microdose protocol. It is designed for poor responders. Since it is unlikely you get better response next time around, it would make sense to continue and try to complete the cycle.

hope I will get some good news tomorrow. :cross: