Need to Vent and a couple questions...

Well - 11dpiui, I got AF. And I know people can spot and think they have their period during this time, but my is full on and really bad.

This is my first IUI, and I know it typically takes a few times. I knew the whole time, I was being realistic that it may not happen. I didnt get myself upset at all during the 2ww…up until I saw AF. Instantly my mood went sour. Why why why??? Why do any of us have to go through this??? Why are there people out there that can just pop out babies all the time, but WE cant. WE all just want to be mommys. My mother had four kids, my sister has 4, my brother has 4, and my other brother has conceived in the past a couple times. A friend of mine wanted to get pregnant, and BAMB, next month she was.

Tomorrow I have to go get the official blood test. Thats like rubbing salt into my wound. Then start this whole thing over again. Ive only done it once and Im already mentally and physically exhausted. I think the world of all you that have done this for months and years. You are amazing and strong and couragous! Dont ever ever forget that!

Thanks for letting me vent and I do have a couple questions if anyone can help!
I have PCOS and I usually have a 35 day cycle. This time is came before 28 days. Does taking gonal f and/or the ovidrel make my cycle more regular or force AF to come earlier? Does they make AF worse than normal…ie, cramping bloating and flow?

:babydust: to you all!!! Stay strong!!!

:grouphug: So sorry.

I understand and I was the same when I got AF after the first IUI, but the 2nd IUI, I was over the top positive and it worked. I did have implantation bleeding and i did get a very upset until I realized it wasn’t AF!!!

GOOD LUCK:babydust: :bsv:

I did my first IUI in sept. and got AF on Oct 10th I was soooo upset as well.

We are hoping this month AF comes on her own but we’ll see. We are hoping to do another round of Fertlity drugs HCG injection and another IUI. I am hoping and praying that this second time it happens for us.

I totally understand what you are going through. And it sounds like your experience is spot on with mine. I have my phone consult with my RE next week to figure out where and what we are going to do and see what he recom. but I’m thinking the same things we did before. I have PCOS so i know my situation is a bit more extrem from some others.

I’ll keep everyone up to date on whatz going on, i’ve been pretty quite on here since i got my BFN. However I am looking forward to doing my second round.

Good luck to you and to all.:babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:

incredible pain.

Hi,

Funny how the only thing I can do after finding out a day later, that my 2nd IVF did not work, is read online to somehow feel connected to someone who knows how it feels. Yesterday morning at 6:30 a.m. my nurse was drawing blood for the 2 week test, I already knew it would be negative, I started my PMS and all the period symptoms about 6 days prior…teers fell down my cheek as the blood came out, because later that day it was going to be official and not longer just in my head. I told my nurse that IVF is very isolating. I do not talk about it with anybody, family nor friends, because they just do not get it and I avoid stupid comment by doing so. I feel for all of you, I truly feel for all of you. Stef

I’m sorry sweetie :grouphug:

I know exactly how you feel. I also have PCOS, and I also got AF early before even doing a Beta on my first iui. My cycles are also around 34-35 days and during my iui cycle i got AF on day 31. So It’s normal for it to be different than non-medicated cycles.
I also had a crazy heavy AF with mad cramps after the iui so our situation was very similar.

All i can tell you is to try and stay positive! Next month is a new month!
I’m going in for iui #2 tomorrow and I’m feeling positive this time!!

:babydust: :babydust: :babydust: To you! :grouphug:

No one says you have to get the blood test.

This last cycle I decided that I was not going for a beta and just wait to see if AF came. AF came and I dealt with it and started a new cycle. Each new cycle they do blood work - so I would have known if I was preg.

It gets a little easier after the first iui - not a lot but a little. Hang in there.

Melissa,
I felt the same way when I got AF after my first IUI. Although my head knew the chances of conceiving on the first IUI were minimal…my heart didn’t. I thought I was doing well after the BFN but once AF reared her ugly head it was official, just like you said, and I was a wreck! Just know that many of us have gone through the same thing you are and are here for you and understand. We will all get through this somehow:grouphug:

My AF after my first cycle of injectables w/femara was HORRIBLE! Worst cramping and back pain I’ve ever had! I asked RE about it, he said it was normal, especially since it was my first injectable cycle.

Good luck and lost of :pray: and :babydust::babydust::babydust:

Thanks to ALL of you for your replies. It truly does help being on this forum, knowing Im not alone. I do feel so alone at times, cause I dont know many people going through this. The 2 friends I do have - that arent even my closest friends…one had a baby through IVF and the other just got pregnant through IVF. In a weird way - it makes it harder for me. Even though I am more than thrilled for them.

I just got the call from the bloodwork. Still hard to hear its “negative” from the nurse. Even though I knew it. I did have to get the blood test done - I told them I didnt have to, but for their records, they need to record I am not pregnant and to continue treatment. Makes sense, but still sucks.

Thanks again…you girls are the best.
:babydust: to all!!!

I just wanted to add that if you feel like AF came too soon after your trigger shot/IUI then bring it up with your doctor asap.

AF came one week after 3 of my IUI’s and my IVF. Only after my IVF did doctors stop and look at the fact that my progesterone levels are non existent. (I was taking PIO with my IVF but reacted badly to it). DH and I decided to take a break from treatments but were given progesterone to use if we wanted to try naturally and two months later we did conceive. I’m not saying that you have this problem, but anytime I hear anyone say they thought AF came early I like to throw it out there as I went through A LOT of treatments before anyone detected I had a progesterone problem!

Hearing “it’s negative” when you already know that really sucks. I read about one woman who told the nurse that she knows it is negative and has already dealt with it and didn’t want to reopen the wound. She told them to only call if by some miracle it was positive.

I’m sorry this cycle didn’t work.

I’ve tried to prepare myself mentally and emotionally for a failed cycle, and I haven’t even started it yet (next cycle is my first treatment/medicated cycle). It just really sucks that we even have to feel this way.

Hugs to you dear.

Wishing everyone in this thread the best of luck!

I was in the same boat after our first IUI (it was initially suppose to be IVF but I don’t make enough follies most of the time). So excited, thought I would be preggo for sure and then got AF.

Now in my 5th cycle in the 2WW, I did for some reason find that the first cycle was the worst. After that, I was more “realistic”. But that’s me… and everyone’s different.

My husband and I both say that all that we’ve been through will make us appreciate having children than we probably would have in the first place. Also, it has brought us closer together. In some ways, it may have been meant to be- even though it really freakin sucks to watch other people get preggo no problem. Or to see people succeed after only 1 or 2 IVF/IUI cycles makes us envious too!

Hopefully time number two will be a charm for you!

:grouphug:

[quote=Melissa1076]Well - 11dpiui, I got AF. And I know people can spot and think they have their period during this time, but my is full on and really bad.

This is my first IUI, and I know it typically takes a few times. I knew the whole time, I was being realistic that it may not happen. I didnt get myself upset at all during the 2ww…up until I saw AF. Instantly my mood went sour. Why why why??? Why do any of us have to go through this??? Why are there people out there that can just pop out babies all the time, but WE cant. WE all just want to be mommys. My mother had four kids, my sister has 4, my brother has 4, and my other brother has conceived in the past a couple times. A friend of mine wanted to get pregnant, and BAMB, next month she was.

Tomorrow I have to go get the official blood test. Thats like rubbing salt into my wound. Then start this whole thing over again. Ive only done it once and Im already mentally and physically exhausted. I think the world of all you that have done this for months and years. You are amazing and strong and couragous! Dont ever ever forget that!

Thanks for letting me vent and I do have a couple questions if anyone can help!
I have PCOS and I usually have a 35 day cycle. This time is came before 28 days. Does taking gonal f and/or the ovidrel make my cycle more regular or force AF to come earlier? Does they make AF worse than normal…ie, cramping bloating and flow?

:babydust: to you all!!! Stay strong!!![/quote]

Same thing happened to me when I did my first and only IUI. I had so much hope, and then AF showed up right on time. I also have PCOS and typically have a 32 day cycle, but it came earlier than usual that time. sucks to the max. Stay positive, it’ll happen!

I have had similar feelings. I just got the beta results today from 2nd IUI and it was negative again. I knew it would be negative, too, because I’ve had spotting for a few days now and all the PMS symptoms. But, as others have said, somehow hearing the nurse say it was negative was so hard to hear. I burst into tears as soon I hung up the phone. I guess the 2nd cycle was a little easier - only because I knew what to expect and I didn’t get my hopes up throughout the cycle. I was actually pretty sure it wasn’t going to work. However, I have to admit that getting the negative results a 2nd time was equally devastating if not more so because I felt like I’m really never going to get a positive. I feel like I’m getting farther away from what I’m after. But through the first cycle’s experience I did realize it’s a process and may take some time, but I don’t think it really gets any easier to hear that you’re not pregnant again. :grouphug: and best of luck on your next cycle!!

So sorry to hear the news. :frowning:

I had a LOT of bleeding after I found out it was positive. I got to be happy for all of 2 seconds.

The weird thing was I was still positive even though I had a HEAVY flow…worse than usual.

Unfortunately my levels never got up to where they were supposed to be. In the end, the pregnancy wasn’t viable.

But for 2 weeks or so I had to pretend like I was “technically” pregnant. We even paid our RE $50 to tell us he didn’t know what was going to happen.

We were worried it was a tubal pregnancy.

Now it’s about a month and a half later and I just found out that I have obstructive sleep apnea.

Makes me wonder if my body knew something I didn’t.

Either way, it’s depressing, heartbreaking, isolating, etc. And no one can really understand it.

I’m waiting for cycle 2. I wish you lots of :babydust::babydust::babydust::babydust: and :bsv: for your next cycle.

:slight_smile: