NeevoDHA for homozygous MTHFR

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the boards. I wanted to ask here as I saw some older posts regarding NeevoDHA.

Im homozygous for MTHFR and trying to start NeevoDHA. The pharmacist called me and said that when she tried to order it, she heard that it was discontinued. But when I called NeevoDHA directly, the company said that is not true. From further Internet search, I am finding that there was an NDC change? And that’s why pharmacies are having trouble ordering?

Is anyone else having trouble filling NeevoDHA? I’m in the DC area.

Thanks.

My RE will have me in it and I need to get it compounded as that’s how he wants it - fresh.

I order mine from the compounding center in Phoenix AZ. They never have a problem filling my RX. It’s a $40 copay, nothing out of the ordinary.

If it’s the folate and b-12 you are after, try seeking health sublingual b-12. It has 5-MTHF which is the more absorbable form of folate for people with MTHFR. It’s $20 on amazon for 10 tablets.

I take a generic for Folgard- RX which is the folate & B vitamin pill my hematologist recommended for my MTHFR (2 copies) The name of the generic is TL gard. I take it twice a day. Maybe you can try getting this one easier.

Good luck!

actually, folgard, folbic, and folbee just contain higher doses of folic acid, not 5-MTHF which is already converted for easier absorbtion. I take both folbic and 5-MTHF.

My earlier post should have said $20 for 60 tablets.

here is more info:
Thorne Research - 5-MTHF 1 mg - B129

I am compound heterozygous for both the 1298 and 677 mutation.

As for as I know it’s still possible to get Neevo DHA, but I take a generic. My brother is a Dr of pharmacy and he told me about a brand generic for Neevo DHA called Vinate DHA. It’s exactly the same, even looks the same. I just picked up my refill at CVS today. I never have problems getting it, but I need to order refills a few days in advance. CVS does not stock it & they order it for overnight delivery.

Hmm, wondering if I should ask for a script for the generic Neevo instead when I go to my appt. this week. I’m not pregnant right now, so not sure if it makes a difference or not.

I took the Folgard Rx all during my successful pregnancy along with my prenatal that had DHA. Definitely something to ponder or ask about.

Thanks for everyone’s info. I have the A & C copies as well.

LuvRachel- How much do you pay for the Vinate?

[QUOTE=luv4rachela]As for as I know it’s still possible to get Neevo DHA, but I take a generic. My brother is a Dr of pharmacy and he told me about a brand generic for Neevo DHA called Vinate DHA. It’s exactly the same, even looks the same. I just picked up my refill at CVS today. I never have problems getting it, but I need to order refills a few days in advance. CVS does not stock it & they order it for overnight delivery.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Apparently, BrandDirectHealth (an online pharmacy) is the only sure way to get the brand version. NeevoDHA certainly seems to encourage going through them as that’s the only answer they give. But this pharmacy doesn’t go through insurances at all. So we’re talking $144 for a 3-mo. Supply… Crazy expensive!

Thanks anyone!

Wow, that’s expensive for the Neevo. I definitely recommend the Vinate DHA. It is 32$, so not as cheap as a regular generic since it’s a “brand generic.”

Godiva- I would switch. My RE explained that Folgard runs on the principle of overloading your body with folate and trusting that some will make it through. He said “you have a mutation that prevents the conversion, so why rely on a faulty system?” Plus, it is proven that people with MTHFR mutations often have lesser known mutations that prevent the metabolism of B6 and B12. The Vinate (as well as Neevo and Metanx) has the metabolized version of folate, B6, and B12, so there’s several benefits in going straight to the source for all three vitamins.