Nervous for 2nd ultra-sound

So basically I had a very slow rising beta, I went to my RE’s for an ultra-sound last week fully expecting for them to find I was having an ectopic. To my very pleasent surprise the ultra-sound showed 1 bean right where it should be (with a yolk and fetal pole)! The down side (on top of my very slow rising beta) is that the embryo was measuring small (about 5 days, 2 days more than they qualify as normal) and they could not see a heart beat, which I was told was not unusual this early. So now I am going back for another ultra-sound tomorrow and they are looking for 1 weeks worth or growth and a heartbeat. I am petrified! I had some lower back pain this morning, my nurse said that without bleeding she wouldn’t be concerned especially since its not severe. But they moved up my ultra-sound for Wednesday to tomorrow to make me feel better. Wouldn’t I start bleeding by now if the bean didn’t grow at all? My nurse said that week she was cautiously optimistic, which makes me feel more positive but I will be crushed if I go in and there is nothing :frowning:

I needed to vent, no one knows I am pregnant (besides my husband and he trys but is not very comforting). Thanks for listening.

Hi Kts,
First of all I am :pray:ing that you see your beautiful heartbeat tomorrow! :cross::cross::cross:
Before every u/s I am a nervous mess but I understand that your situation is a little more unsure.
So how many weeks were you at your first u/s? And they said your bean was measuring 5 days behind? I’m pretty sure my RE said they look for the baby to measure within 7 days of your “official” status. For example, at my last u/s I was officially 7w3d and one of my twins is measuring 7wks even and I’m pretty sure RE said within 7 days is ok. Maybe it depends on how conservative each RE is. In any case I wish you tons of :bsv:! And please let me know how it goes. :grouphug:

Thanks for the support. Unfortunately I went in today and am now measuring over a week behind and there was no movement or heart beat so I have to get a D&C tomorrw. I was very nervous going in but I almost convinced myself it would be ok…its devasting.:frowning:

I am so sorry.:grouphug:

[QUOTE=kts]Thanks for the support. Unfortunately I went in today and am now measuring over a week behind and there was no movement or heart beat so I have to get a D&C tomorrw. I was very nervous going in but I almost convinced myself it would be ok…its devasting.:([/QUOTE]
I’m so very sorry. I’m sending you healing thoughts and prayers.:grouphug: