New girl in town, and some advice needed

Hello everyone,
I am new to this community and just wanted to give a little introduction, and also get some advice. My husband and I have been TTC for over 2 years now. I have done 6 cycles of clomid,and was not successful. I recently started seeing a reproductive endocrinologist, and just recently started femara. My husband’s testing has come back normal, and luckily all of my bloodwork has been fine (besides possible PCOS) and I am now getting ready to start all of the imaging. Praying that I am successful with the femara. Its been a long, rough journey so far. Just hoping things will start to go up.

Since this whole process started, things with me have not been the same. I have sunk into a depression that I can’t seem to get out of. I just don’t feel like myself anymore. I am getting help medically with all of this, but it does not seem to be getting any better. My employer has offered for me to take some personal time off, and I am going to be going on FMLA. I will still be working over 30+ hours a week, but they will be giving me more time to focus on myself and to go to doctors appointments as needed. Coping with the fact that I am the only one in my family with fertility issues is really hard for me. I was just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else, and if so some of the ways you deal with it. I have a great support system behind me, but it doesn’t seem like anything I am doing has helped. I am open for any advice that anyone has. Thanks so much in advance!

Hey there. How are you doing? I hope its all great. I am really sorry to hear about your problem. I hope things get better for you I wish you good luck. Take care. Hoping to hear good news soon.

Hi and welcome! I was 40 yo, dh - 42 yo when the journey began. Married in 2013. TTC since 10/14. Dx: PCOS, blocked fallopian tubes. AMH <3.2. Tried acupuncture whilst infertility treatments. IVF 9/15 - failed. IVF 12/15 - failed. Dr suggested also PGD testing as I had mc. He suspected me of being a carrier of Wilson disease - very rare treatable disorder. OTD 5/16. 2 shots with a new clinic - we got long awaited bfp. I won’t draw any comparison between NHS and private clinics as a “go private” agenda. It’s just that different people have different experiences over their fertility programms and not all of them are pleasant unfortunately. There are so many stories I have heard from people who have either experienced it first hand or heard a second hand account of someone. Time ago we moved to the US but we’ve never been nativers there. And when it turned out we’d apply for ivf to have kids answers came in clear. In the US one expects to spend an average of $12,400 for one cycle of IVF (If you’re using your own eggs and your partner’s sperm!) The amount you’ll pay depends on how much medicine you need, where you live, and whether your state mandates insurance coverage for fertility treatments. If your insurance doesn’t cover them, you’ll probably have to pay the entire cost up front! Which was absolutely out of the question for us, so we moved abroad.
I’m sharing my story with tears in my eyes. I know how it hurts and how it effects the relationship. The only thing I’m praying for is that you achieve success with your treatment. Sending you all positive vibes, honey, on this way. Things will change for better definitely!

I found the biggest thing that helped was taking everything a day at a time. The rollercoaster is a tough ride. I always reminded myself that I would feel differently (either better or worse) the next day. The meds don’t help. They make everything so much more emotional. I hope you find something that works for you.