New here and struggling

Hi. I’m Sarah. I’m 36. I have two kids. They are 9 and 8. I had a miscarriage with my very first pregnancy. 2 after my second child. All d & C. The last miscarriage I had a complete work up. Other than heterozygous mthfr all was good. Even the embryo was tested. Normal male. Both were 8 wks. I got a mirena IUD. Had it for 4 years. Took it out in November. Got pregnant end of December and naturally miscarried at 6 wks. I’m devastated. My vest friend is pregnant and its been rather difficult. I’m not sure what’s wrong with my body. I want another baby… but can’t bear another loss.

I don’t know if you are aware, but Mirena is facing a class action lawsuit due to extreme side effects. I don’t know the ins and outs of it, but I would research that.

Tubefeedingmom - the title of your post caught my eye and while I’m not sure I can help much, I want to try as I know what it’s like to struggle with loss and no answers.

First question I have is how are they (or can they) treat the mthfr (sorry…I’m not familiar enough with it).

I’m not sure what the full work-up was for you before, but in addition to bloodwork for ANA, protein-C and S, etc., I would also get your FSH and AMH tested. Given all the heartbreak you’ve had already, I would also push for a bit of immune testing. I don’t want to be the downer, but to lose around that time could point to POF (pre-ovarian failure) or also immune issues.
If you haven’t already, I would also have your lining checked as well as progesterone levels.
Moving on from there I’d definitely be checking the uterus with a sonohysterogram.

I hope through this massive site you get others who chime in with thoughts. I know there are a couple of doctors on here who sought fertility treatments who might have something to say as well. I’m happy to provide any support that I can. I’m so so sorry that you’re going through this.