New here and to Clomid

Hi, Ill be 39 in Aug., no kids yet. Just got married a few months ago and now we are really trying. I do ovulate on my own, but its late, like on day 23-25.
My dr just gave me a script for Clomid 50mg days 5-9. We are soooo ready to be parents. Im praying that this works asap! :pray:

[quote=ddsh823]Hi, Ill be 39 in Aug., no kids yet. Just got married a few months ago and now we are really trying. I do ovulate on my own, but its late, like on day 23-25.
My dr just gave me a script for Clomid 50mg days 5-9. We are soooo ready to be parents. Im praying that this works asap! :pray:[/quote]

Can someone tell me what all the abrevations stand for that I see on here?

There are lots of abbreviations. Most common are:

AF: Aunt Flow or period
BFP or BFN: Big fat positive or big fat negative as in pregnancy tests.
hpt: home pregnancy test
opk: ovulation prediction kit
cd: cycle day
iui: intrauterine insemination
ivf: in vitro fertilization

There’s many more but that’s what I could come up with right off the bat.

Thanks! That helps!

Hi! We are close in age. I will be 40 in September and I have just finished meds and go for ultrasound Tuesday to determine timing for iui. I am so nervous. I will be thinking of you too! I am on 100mg. I wonder why the difference. Good luck and keep me in the loop!

Hi Piplong

Hi Piplong. Do you have any kids already? I dont. Never tried until now.

I started Clomid on May 7-11 (days 5-9 of cycle). The only side effect I think I had from it was dizziness. Ive been ovulating on my own, but usually not until day 23-25. After Clomid, I ovulated on day 19. This was my first round. And now Im impatiently waiting to see if it work. I should start my period around June 3rd or so. But Im praying I dont! :slight_smile: My dr told me shes only doing 3 months of Clomid and then if nothing, we will talk further! I think shes going to bump me up to 100mg for the second round if I still need it!
So how are you doing on Clomid?