New here-starting clomid tomorrow

Hi, Im Brittany. I thought I would give chatting a try this time around. Last time we were ttc we had our family for support which was nice but can alsobe overwhelming at the same time. So this time we have not clued them in. I thought it would be nice to be able to chat with others deaking with the same issues. I have a boy who is almost 1. My husband and I tried for over a year and a half to get pregnant with him. Ultimately it took an IUI with injectables. We are hoping we dont have to go that far again and have decided to start with my ob first. She put me on clomid with ultrasound monitroing and a trigger shot with timed intercourse. Hoping this will do the trick. If not in a couple months we will try something else. Anyone else on clomid this month? I would love a cycle buddy :slight_smile:

Take care,
Brittany

best wishes! hope this works for you! we hoped too that we would conceive naturally or with the less costly clomid the second time around, but alas it didn’t work out for us. i hope you for the best for you!

ps: i think the dates in your signature must be off…?

Thank you :slight_smile: my signature was wrong. Should be right now.

Hello!!

I am on the second round of clomid. I take the trigger shot on Friday. I am just doing timed intercourse as well. Doctor said if it doesn’t work this time we will move to the IUI. I just had a ultrasound today and have two eggs in my right ovary. Nothing this time or last time on the left. I have been really sick this round of medicine. But it’s all worth it if it works!! I would love a cycle buddy as well. It’s hard to talk to people who don’t understand!! Good luck to you!!! Hope you get your :bfp: !!!

Avie

[QUOTE=Aruthie]Hello!!

I am on the second round of clomid. I take the trigger shot on Friday. I am just doing timed intercourse as well. Doctor said if it doesn’t work this time we will move to the IUI. I just had a ultrasound today and have two eggs in my right ovary. Nothing this time or last time on the left. I have been really sick this round of medicine. But it’s all worth it if it works!! I would love a cycle buddy as well. It’s hard to talk to people who don’t understand!! Good luck to you!!! Hope you get your :bfp: !!!

Avie[/QUOTE]
I so sorry that it has made you sick this cycle, but at least you have two follicles on the right. I sometimes go a couple months at a time with one ovary working, then for no reason they switch.

I had one 24mm follicle on the right this month when I went in for my scan. I was really happy when the doctor told me where it was, the last two months the follicles have been on the left and I found out that my left side is blocked again.

This has been such an emotional roll coaster, I am here if you ever need to chat! I am on my 8th round of clomid so at one time or another I have experienced all the side effects.

I hope this is our month! Keep us updated!!

How is everyone else doing?

Thank you!!! I hope it is too!!! I take the shot on Friday and then wait!! I’m sorry you have had to do 8 cycles lets hope no more!!! Well that’s great that it is on the right side. I am lucky that I am not blocked. I can’t imagine how that must feel to know they are there but won’t work. I know it’s all worth it. Last time at day 12 the follicles were only at 10 but this time they were at 14 at day 12 so I think the medicine is building up in my system so it works!!! Do you have to take te shot? Keep me updated as well!! We can hope and pray that this is our month!!! :bsv:

Good luck ladies!! IUI tomorrow!

Hey gals! I am also on my second round of Clomid! Sounds like our cycles are pretty close!! It would be awesome if we all got :bfp: this month!!! Keep me updated on how you ladies are doing!! This is my 2nd cycle, but my first with Clomid!!! Good luck, and I’ll catch you ladies soon!!

Me-35 (anovulation and secondary infertility)
DH-34 (better than perfect swimmies)
DS- 2 1/2 years old

05/2013 - Femara 15mg CD3- 8, followed by Menopur 150mg on CD 13 and CD 14; Novarel trigger on CD 15, IUI on CD 16; CD 27 :bfn: AND :af: UGH!!

06/2013 - Clomid 150mg on CD 3 - CD 10; Menopur 150mg on CD 12 and CD 13; Novarel trigger on CD 14, and IUI tomorrow (06/27) CD 15

:paw: Dudley :paw: RiRi :paw: Bayley :paw: Poi Boi :paw: Kenosha

Hi everyone!!

I took my trigger shot yesterday morning so it’s been about 40 hours. I am having extreme cramps right now so hoping everything works!!! We have been intimate everyday since Thursday so I am really hoping this is my month! How is everyone doing??? Now I have to wait blah!!! Hope to hear from everyone soon! :pray: :preg:

About to start round 2 of clomid, but I had no trigger shot in round 1! Only 50mg twice a day. Definitely will be asking my doctor about this one!
Clomid & Conception - What is Clomid & When Should You Try It? - Mom Resource

This is my first round too. I took first pill Wednesday and last one yesterday. I’m really hopin it work the first round :slight_smile:

You don’t have to have the trigger shot. I do not ovulate on my own at all so my doctor gave it to me for just extra help to the clomid!

[QUOTE=Aruthie]Thank you!!! I hope it is too!!! I take the shot on Friday and then wait!! I’m sorry you have had to do 8 cycles lets hope no more!!! Well that’s great that it is on the right side. I am lucky that I am not blocked. I can’t imagine how that must feel to know they are there but won’t work. I know it’s all worth it. Last time at day 12 the follicles were only at 10 but this time they were at 14 at day 12 so I think the medicine is building up in my system so it works!!! Do you have to take te shot? Keep me updated as well!! We can hope and pray that this is our month!!! :bsv:[/QUOTE]

I do take trigger shots, even if the follicles are mature and ready to go he gives them to me so we can have twice the luck. I am on day 29. I am supposed to test tomorrow but am really nervous, I’m just so tired of seeing negatives all the time.
I really do hope this is our month, it would be great if you and I didn’t have to do any more rounds of treatment.