New here

Hi, I have been doing treatments with letrazole plus the hcg trigger shot for 3 cycles so far and we’ve been ttc for 2 years, married almost 10.

The doc did a sonohistogram and saw a polyp or possible blood clot (I miscarried last August) and so this cycle is putting me on birth control and I have another sono on Monday too look again and see what to do next.

I am frustrated to have to take a month off and to be going on birth control since it makes me sick and crabby, I’m not even sure why I need to be on it…does anyone have experience with polyps and such?

Despite the fact that endometrial polyps are common there is a great deal that is not known in terms of their management. Here are some common issues that physicians should address if they’re treating you for endometrial polyps. Endometrial polyps tend to reoccur–estimates on recurrence vary from 15-43%. If they are removed one needs to address this issue and do what is possible and practical so that they don’t come back. For many women with heavy menstrual bleeding—as well as an endometrial polyp—removing the polyp alone will not necessarily improve their heavy flow. About 50% of women who have polyps removed because of symptoms of abnormal periods eventually require other interventions. For this reason it is important to deal with polyps in a comprehensive way. As noted above, pre-cancerous or cancerous changes occur in 2-4% of women with endometrial polyps. In about 1/3 of cases the changes occur at the base of the polyp. Therefore the focus must be to get the entire polyp out. Younger women, who wish to preserve their fertility, need to have as much of the polyp removed as possible. Without damaging the surrounding endometrium. After polypectomy (removal of the polyp) physicians should institute a program of monitoring endometrial polyps to be certain that they do not recur. A friend had polyps but with medication from Bio tex clinic she is now a proud mother. So anything is possible dear.