New here

[FONT=Arial]Ok, so I dont do facebook, or really any online social media stuff, but I realized that I really need some support. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Our story:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]ttc for just over 2 years. have a healthy, awesome 5 yo boy who is currenly requesting a sister from anyone who will listen. determined early on my progesterone level is dismal, so ovulation is not happening. start clomid. ovulate… according to the numbers, but according to the u/s, not so much. eggs are getting ginormous and dying on the ovary… so switch to femara. yay, ovulation is okee dokeee. no baby. last sum had a 41 day cycle which ob thinks was prob. a chemical preg. ok, test dh. dh sa was less than awesome, u/s on him revealed varicocele. surgery was in jan. followup in april showed 100% improvement, numbers good, motility at 42%. urologist said he expected nothing but improvement, and that we should be preggo within a couple of months. Ok, so back to drugs and shots for me. this is second cycle, on monday, dr did a pct, and said that sperm morphology was not so great, and that his motility was abysmal. then he says IVF is the ONLY option. then he offers donor sperm. then i cried. my u/s showed a gorgeous folli at 23mm. even though i had just been given worst news possible, i went ahead with the HSG trigger. really just because i was angry and am exceedingly stubborn.dh called urologist, he has appt for next thurs. we are going through that crazy 2 week wait time where I weed all my gardens within an inch of their lives, and cant sleep at night.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]has anyone ever had anything like this. google searches for this type thing do not turn up anything. I am at a complete loss.i am angry, tired, and just generally frustrated. any words are appreciated. :grr: :grr: :grr: [/FONT]

Hi Jenellen - HUGE welcome to you!! The two WW is the hardest time and you are going through so many emotions.

I think what’s difficult is that your doctor suggested donor sperm pretty early on after your husband went through all sorts of treatment. I know there are more options for your husband. I am not super familiar with them but I’ve read stories here of women who got pregnant in similar situations. From what I understand, there are procedures where they can get the sperm from your husband, and the whole point of IVF is to put one little sperm in an egg. So, I am pretty confident they can collect the sperm from your husband or he can give them sperm willingly enough and out of the stuff he gives, they can find at least 1 sperm that will make it.

I know what I just said sounds weird as I don’t understand enough about it medically, but I think if you research ICSI, you’ll find that it only takes one to fertlize an egg. Try to stay busy like you’ve been and keep thinking lots of sticky dust. :slight_smile:

Thanks, I was starting to worry that no one was going to respond. I do think that it was immediate bypass of my hubby that threw me. That and I know we cant out and out afford ivf, but i have found there are grants and scholarships, but I worry we would not get top priority since we do have a child. And yes, it seems like there should be more they could do with my dh. I have been researching it, and read about sperm antibodies, but i have no clue if they are real or not. either way, hopefully we will have a direction soon. dh made an appt with the urologist for next thursday which feel like it is roughly a year away. at any rate. i will be putting some cheap annuals in the ground today, so at least my yard will be pretty!
We also have two fubabies - kitties as well.
Thanks so much for responding.

Hi JenEllen-

Hopefully the Urologist should have some ideas for you and dh of what you can try in order to improve his SA. It seems like there are so many supplements and medications, like clomid, for example that can help improve sperm. Don’t give up hope, there are sooo many ways to get your baby these days; yes, some of them are expensive and seem impossible, but you will find a way to make it happen and the success rates are getting better and better all the time.

New to this forum but feeling quite sad

Hi All,

I’m new this forum and not much of a ‘forum/chat’ sort of person. My wife and I have been trying to concieve for over a year. She is absolutley fine but I have a low sperm count which has varied from less than a million to 9 million.

We’re on our second round of IUI (the first one failed) and I think, judging by my wife’s feeling, this one is gong to fail as well.

She is taking estrogen and is really on edge, tired and emotionally sensitive. I feel awful I cannot give her a child. She has had such a horrible upbringing with abusive parents. Just want her to be a mother.

If this IUI doesnt work, we are beig lined up for ICSI via the national health service in london. If that doesnt work, we will go private.

If any one has any advice (health, emotional, dietary …), it would be most welcome.

We had a horrible argument yesterday and I tink I really upset her…feel terrible. These hormonal tablets she is taking are doing her in.

This is the most difficult thing I/we have gone through. I really hope there is light at the endof the tunnel.

:frowning:

Jenellen-- do not get discouraged. My DH morphology is only 2% so basically 98% of his sperm was defective. I had 4 IUIs with no success. But the first try IVF with ICSI worked (wish i would have done it sooner) I am currently 14 weeks pregnant. It is expensive but worth it. It truly only takes one.

[QUOTE=Soft-hearted]Hi All,

I’m new this forum and not much of a ‘forum/chat’ sort of person. My wife and I have been trying to concieve for over a year. She is absolutley fine but I have a low sperm count which has varied from less than a million to 9 million.

We’re on our second round of IUI (the first one failed) and I think, judging by my wife’s feeling, this one is gong to fail as well.
She is taking estrogen and is really on edge, tired and emotionally sensitive. I feel awful I cannot give her a child. She has had such a horrible upbringing with abusive parents. Just want her to be a mother.

If this IUI doesnt work, we are beig lined up for ICSI via the national health service in london. If that doesnt work, we will go private.

If any one has any advice (health, emotional, dietary …), it would be most welcome.

We had a horrible argument yesterday and I tink I really upset her…feel terrible. These hormonal tablets she is taking are doing her in.

This is the most difficult thing I/we have gone through. I really hope there is light at the endof the tunnel.

:([/QUOTE]

Dear soft hearted
I am sorry you are going through this it will test any marriage. I like your wife am perfectly healthy and can conceive, I am also 12 years younger than my husband. My DH had 2% morphology and although I am embarassed to admit it I was resentful at times and made it known. All I can say is stay strong and the hormones will make her difficult but all you can do is be supportive. My DH and I had so many arguments during the process
but after first try IVF with ICSI we are 14 wk pregnant. It’s as if all the fights never happened. I appreciate that my DH took my madness lightly and would give me space to work it out. Try not to take it personally and brush it off. Try to help her in other ways such as doing house hold chores to try yo give her some relief. Also I highly reccomend acupuncture. I would go in a raging lunatic and come out in a zen state. It truely helps. I started it 5 weeks before IVF. And for you reduce alcohol , no smoking, and try fertility blend from GNC. It is full of
antioxidants. So hopefully It will get better. Nothing is guaranteed even IVF but I could not live with the “I could have, would have, should have”. I was prepared to stay regardless if we had a child or not. But I needed to try every option no matter how costly at least once and it worked. Sorry for the long narrative but I really identify with your story.