New here

Hey everyone, new to the group. My DH and I have been ttc for over 2 years. So far they have found nothing on my side, but unexplained low sperm count, motility and morphology with my DH. It is amazing how many tests they have run that have told us nothing…
Anyway, they say our only option is IVF with ICSI. So, we have our first IVF consultation on the 24th and I was told the appt would take 2 hours and cost between 1500 and 2000 :grr: It doesn’t help that insurance will cover $0.
Anyone that can tell me what to expect at this consult will be helpful. Also, anyone else scared the heck out of injectables? I think that what I fear the most out of IVF is the shots and the retrieval…

I’m a military spouse and we go through Tricare so I never had a consult before going through IVF. I did, however, write an article about what to expect during an IVF cycle.

IVF isn’t as scary as it seems and the injections don’t hurt (except for the HCG shot) but it is an emotional rollercoaster. And truthfully there’s not much you can do to just relax during an IVF cycle because you have SO much riding on it! I’ve found that having a few cycle buddies helps though. I wish you the best of luck!!!

I don’t think we should use the consultations with that price, just have a look at this site and you can have almost all information you might need…:grouphug:

Take care,