New here

Hey everyone, new to the group. My DH and I have been ttc for over 2 years. So far they have found nothing on my side, but unexplained low sperm count, motility and morphology with my DH. It is amazing how many tests they have run that have told us nothing…
Anyway, they say our only option is IVF with ICSI. So, we have our first IVF consultation on the 24th and I was told the appt would take 2 hours and cost between 1500 and 2000 :grr: It doesn’t help that insurance will cover $0.
Anyone that can tell me what to expect at this consult will be helpful. Also, anyone else scared the heck out of injectables? I think that what I fear the most out of IVF is the shots and the retrieval…

[quote=unjour]Hey everyone, new to the group. My DH and I have been ttc for over 2 years. So far they have found nothing on my side, but unexplained low sperm count, motility and morphology with my DH. It is amazing how many tests they have run that have told us nothing…
Anyway, they say our only option is IVF with ICSI. So, we have our first IVF consultation on the 24th and I was told the appt would take 2 hours and cost between 1500 and 2000 :grr: It doesn’t help that insurance will cover $0.
Anyone that can tell me what to expect at this consult will be helpful. Also, anyone else scared the heck out of injectables? I think that what I fear the most out of IVF is the shots and the retrieval…[/quote]

At my consult we went over exactly how they do everything. All of our concerns, costs, and things of that nature. I’m sure each clinic is different, but I met with my doc, nurse, and a financial counselor.

I was TERRIFIED of the shots. And when I say terrified I mean I was like shaking in my RE’s office. but guess what? they aren’t as terrible as you think they will be. I promise. I was relieved when they were over, but I made it through them and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I wish we had done IVF sooner actually.